Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which Machine is better (according to everyone here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-better-according-everyone-here-t51498.html)

sidmona 06-28-2010 05:09 PM

I have a Juke TL98QE and I love it. As mentioned earlier, it does only straight stitches but I machine quilted a king size on mine with no frame.

dgrindey 06-28-2010 05:22 PM

I like my Pfaff 1540 which I bought 6 yrs. ago. However, I have an old Kenmore which I don't use any more and my Mom's Bernina. I am looking at a Brother quilting machine---it's wonderful. Have to save my $$

mandyhofer 06-28-2010 06:56 PM

Can never go wrong with a pfaff. They are the Best!!

suesews 06-28-2010 07:28 PM

Me too! Pfaff 2030....love it, love it! I can't imagine a Pfaff computerized machine on sale for $300. Maybe the one you are seeing is a mechanical Pfaff, which are great too, and have the built in even feed...no walking feet for us Pfaffers.

bjdemir 06-28-2010 09:03 PM

I would normally agree with the Pfaff as I had 3 of them over a 25 year period. My daughter has the second one I bought (at my house for now as my newest Pfaff went haywire on me.) If it is an 10 year old Pfaff, it should be great. the only problem is going to be be getting original Pfaff parts for it if something breaks as Pfaff is now longer owned by Pfaff and and now being built in I believe China. I was really bummed to hear this as I dearly loved my Pfaff - needle threading, Upper feed dogs and it let you know if the bobbin was low. I now have a Brother and a Jenome which are great. Still learning on them as I have only had them since March and April.

TexasGurl 06-29-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by suesews
Me too! Pfaff 2030....love it, love it! I can't imagine a Pfaff computerized machine on sale for $300. Maybe the one you are seeing is a mechanical Pfaff, which are great too, and have the built in even feed...no walking feet for us Pfaffers.

The model she mentioned, the Tiptronic IS an older mechanical model - but does have dual feed. It was a model in the mid-90's, I remember looking at them when I was shopping Pfaffs then. They will sew forever, like the older Bernina's

TexasGurl 06-29-2010 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by bjdemir
I would normally agree with the Pfaff as I had 3 of them over a 25 year period. My daughter has the second one I bought (at my house for now as my newest Pfaff went haywire on me.) If it is an 10 year old Pfaff, it should be great. the only problem is going to be be getting original Pfaff parts for it if something breaks as Pfaff is now longer owned by Pfaff and and now being built in I believe China. I was really bummed to hear this as I dearly loved my Pfaff - needle threading, Upper feed dogs and it let you know if the bobbin was low. I now have a Brother and a Jenome which are great. Still learning on them as I have only had them since March and April.

Pfaff was bought by Viking/Husqvarna 10 years ago and since then Pfaffs have been made all over - Sweden, Czech, Romania etc and recently, China. Their top line, the Expression 2, 3 & 4.0 was being made in Sweden but was switched to Asia manuf. I heard they were moving back to Sweden due to so many machine problems ...

Annz 06-29-2010 06:29 AM

Never had a juki but i do have a pfaff and love it.

ania755 06-30-2010 06:51 AM

I have the Brother PQ1500 which is the Brother version of the Juki machine ( I believe),,,
....It has 9" space in the throat, a knee lifting,automatic threader and automatic thread cutter also has a big extension table....
...It makes straith stitch only and a great free motion stitch........I couldn't live without this machine.....
What I also love about it machine is that it keeps the fabric well pressed...(which the cheaper machines don't do)
I use cheaper machines for the decorative stitches when needed....on small projects.....

........ :D

marysmom0213 06-30-2010 10:35 AM

Am I right that there is a Kenmore version of the great Jenome?