Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which machine do you use? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-do-you-use-t260553.html)

Dolphyngyrl 01-31-2015 09:35 AM

I have the brother version of the babylock unity and share your opinion of these machines. My brother dreamweaver does everything I ask it to and more. I love the pen, the laser, the muvit foot, that is sews through anything like butter, I also love FMQ on mine does a great job with and ithout the stitch regulator. I am currently learning without to get a more consistent speed. I love the AHA feature, thread cutter, needle threader, there are even new embroidery features that I am sill learning about 2 1/2 years in, simply wonderful

Yakkity 01-31-2015 05:24 PM

I have had the Brother NX 2000 for a few years and just love it. I don't feel the need to look at any other sewing machine for this one so fits my requirements.

DonnaPBradshaw 01-31-2015 06:27 PM

I love my janome for regular sewing and my babylock for embroidery! I used to pine for a Bernina but not anymore.

Jeanette Frantz 01-31-2015 07:18 PM

Well, let's see, I've got: Singer 403A, 201, Featherweight, a 328-K, a Babylock Serger, a National Two Spool Treadle. I use the Singers most of the time - the 403A being my "go to" machine. My 201 is almost ready to use -- it's been in "intensive care" as a precaution (electric wiring). It ran just fine, but with the age of the machine, my son was not comfortable with the wiring. He completely rebuilt the motor and it's had an intensive cleaning. I just put a coat of carnuba wax on it a couple of hours ago and buffed it -- it really looks good. Now, my son can put it together and it will be ready to use! I got the 201 free, but had to buy a new slide plate and foot control. The 328, 403 and FW -- I use all of those machines fairly frequently!

Jeanette

Mariposa 01-31-2015 07:21 PM

I have a Pfaff 7510, A Singer 301A & a Featherweight. Also a Handi-Quilter long arm. :)

ontheriver 01-31-2015 07:43 PM

I piece on a singer 401a or Viking mega quilter, do fancy stitches or sew around appliqué with a Viking sapphire, and quilt on a brother 1500. I also sometimes piece on my singer 201 so she doesn't feel unloved.

miriam 02-01-2015 03:09 AM

it is old and black like a roach I haven't been able to kill it - it's an ancient Singer

JustAbitCrazy 02-01-2015 03:25 AM

My favorite piecing machine is my Babylock Serenade, because I love the knee operated presser foot, dual feed dogs, thread cutter, and needle down functions. Hands-free, all the time!

Edie 02-01-2015 03:31 AM

I have two Whites - one is a used one that my husband got for me on our first wedding anniversary - l961. My second was bought new - A Singer. My third was my mothers White - she made many a quilt on that machine and I am totally honored to have it in my sewing area. My fourth is my Singer that I got last year. It is a great little machine. It has the drop down needle when you stop. Which, for me, means that the fabric is going anywhere when that needle is down and I love that. I love each and every machine, memories from each one. I am not interested in the best or the most fantastic. I want a machine that likes me too. And, these four do. Edie

Marie4403 02-01-2015 04:53 AM

I have a pfaff performance 5.0 and a pfaff passport for classes. Love both of them because of the IDT And a brother inovis embroidery machine.