Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which machine do you use? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-do-you-use-t260553.html)

dcamarote 01-30-2015 07:25 PM

Which machine do you use?

I have to share something. I just got a new Baby Lock Journey and what an incredible machine it is. Sewed on it today for the first time. I think I have died and gone to heaven!
Here is my question; which machine do you favor and why?

MFord 01-30-2015 08:25 PM

I love both my Berninas - the newer 750 and the older 830! For different reasons, of course. The 830 purrs like a kitten and makes lovely straight stitches. The 750 has a wide throat, a thread cutter (love!), and can make lots of ornamental stitches. I also have a featherweight that I like to take to classes because it's so light and it also makes terrific straight stitches. Now if I could only stitch a straight seam!

Cybrarian 01-30-2015 09:45 PM

Love my Baby Locks! I have a Unity and an Elizabeth.

Tartan 01-30-2015 10:25 PM

I love my Bernina for a nice buttonhole stitch and others, needle down feature, needle threader, LED lighting and my Bernina stitch regulated for FMQ.
I love my Singer treadle for stitching denim, leather and canvas.

DOTTYMO 01-30-2015 10:47 PM

​I use different machines love my bernina for piecing. But swop to juki with a larger throat for quilting.

love my little, light weight viking which I take to class unless doing blanket stitch.

tellabella 01-31-2015 03:34 AM

I love ALL my machines...I have a new Babylock Cresendo...love it...I have an industrial Juki and use it for drapery, piping, certain stuff...I love my featherweights, 221's and a 222 for classes...and I also sew on a 301 sometimes for piecing ...then I have an APQS Longarm and it is a joy...they are like children ...all different...equally loved

ManiacQuilter2 01-31-2015 04:05 AM

I love my Bernina 1530. Bought it new and I still love it.

bee3 01-31-2015 04:22 AM

wow, thats a nice machine the Journey. I have a baby lock Elizabeth, but also still love my old kenmore.

deedum 01-31-2015 05:18 AM

I use my old singer 15 a lot and my Janome 6500. I have several machines and jump around on them depending on what I am doing. I also use my 403 singer.

Shelbie 01-31-2015 05:25 AM

I have never found the "perfect" machine that does it all so I currently have three machines set up and rotate around them depending on what I am doing. I love my Juki TL98Q for quilting or stitching long seams (fast, powerful and excellent stitches), my Juki Exceed 600 for fancy stitches and piecing and my old vintage Singer 201 for mending coveralls, horse blankets and running my buttonholer (can't beat those old Buttonholers for large or thick buttons). I also have a Singer Featherweight and a Husqvarna Prelude that I keep packed up and ready to go to classes or Community Quilt stitching days.