Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Machine Embroidry Combined Wtih Quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-embroidry-combined-wtih-quilting-t85424.html)

patriciaponder 12-27-2010 06:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Am learning how to make different blocks and putting them together. This valentine is another work in progress using octogons.
Used single ones for quilted table toppers and candle mats.

Old McDonald when I wanted to work with blue fabric.

Old lady is also blue ... used border on fabric for ends ... still not crazy about the stripes.

quiltingaz 12-27-2010 06:21 AM

Just look through the websites for embroidery patterns. Lots of ideas there. I like embroidery library. They have great sales.

patriciaponder 12-27-2010 06:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
PLB and Cute Embroidery are both wonderful sources for free designs.

Bright and bold ... Tigger
Ornery ... Eyeore
Redwork ... 12 Days of Christmas

Grammie Sharon 12-27-2010 06:33 AM

What kind of machine do you have to do all this embroidery? Do you use the same one to quilt with too? I would like an embroidery machine and a quilting one but cannot afford two. any suggestions?

grann of 6 12-27-2010 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Grammie Sharon
What kind of machine do you have to do all this embroidery? Do you use the same one to quilt with too? I would like an embroidery machine and a quilting one but cannot afford two. any suggestions?

I have a Viking Diamond and a Topaz. Both have a large throat. I do most of my embroidering on the Diamond. Then I quilt on it after I have the motifs done. Sometimes I have both going at the same time.

CoyoteQuilts 12-27-2010 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have done 2 embroidery quilts. This was the first. The other one was for a grandson and I can't find the pictures. It was done in primary colors with trucks, trains and cars.

featherweight 12-27-2010 07:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I try to make use of my Embroidery machine as much as possible. Everyone that is having a baby in my family or friends always look forward to my quilts. Here is one for a friend that has a Safari themed nursery:

Simons "Safari" Quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148339[/ATTACH]

dolores 12-27-2010 08:58 AM

I have the Duetta from brother, I can embroider and quilt on it also. I have made several baby quilts doing the alphabet with solid blocks and a print in the next block simple but cute I also made a Disney quilt for my nurse that fills my pain pump she decorated her nursey with Disney and made her a quilt for a girl. She was really surprised and loved it.

rusty quilter 12-27-2010 09:05 AM

Your embroidery is beautiful! It inspires me to get moving with learning that. My Pfaff 2170 will embroider, but I haven't had the time to pull it all out and try yet. I am just now learning to master my free motion quilting with or without the fabric mover. It isn't a time factor--it's energy!

greensleeves 12-27-2010 10:39 AM

Thoroughly enjoyed the embroidery quilt show. All of you have done wonderful work.