Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Machingers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machingers-t294287.html)

Austinite 01-24-2018 11:21 AM

yeah i've washed them, twice, sigh. the packaging looks right and everything but maybe i got a good knock-off instead of the real ones. i keep them in a cardboard shoe box that has some other notions in it, never had any smell issues until i moved the extra pack of gloves in there.

quilting cat 01-24-2018 12:24 PM

Well, I never heard of them until I read all the comments on this post! Something new to consider!

QuiltE 01-24-2018 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by quilting cat (Post 7989374)
Well, I never heard of them until I read all the comments on this post! Something new to consider!

I tried all sorts of wannabe options, because I didn't want to spend the money.
Disposable painters gloves. Finger Cots. Garden Gloves. and More.
But they were never "just right".
Alas! I gave in and bought machingers.

Once I did buy the machingers, I kind of went .....
.......... duhhhhhh, I spent all that money to save money and look at where I ended up! :)

Oh, but if I had not done that, I would not have experienced the others,
and come to the conclusion that the machingers are THE best!! (for me)

jillmc 01-24-2018 12:32 PM

I love my machingers!i also have a variety of garden gloves that I use, but the machingers feel so much nicer. I ordered the extra small-I wore small surgical gloves when I was working as a nurse, and the XS fits great. Have fun at the retreat!

toverly 01-24-2018 03:42 PM

I love the purple Grab-a-roo gloves. They come in small, medium and large and fit like the Isotoner gloves of the 80's. They are stretchy but tight.

QuiltnLady1 01-24-2018 08:38 PM

I use garden gloves with sticky fingers. I tries Machingers and the small/medium is too loose. Got my gloves at the garden show in true small and they are wonderful.

jmoore 01-25-2018 03:58 AM

I have had my machingers about 5 or 6 years and use them for other tasks besides FMQ...sometimes they are helpful when feeding a queen size quilt under the presser foot for borders and binding. I wear the large size cuz I have large hands and long fingers. I have washed mine several times and have a new pair waiting in the wings...

Onebyone 01-25-2018 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 (Post 7989642)
I use garden gloves with sticky fingers. I tries Machingers and the small/medium is too loose. Got my gloves at the garden show in true small and they are wonderful.

There is an extra small size of Machingers.

Ariannaquilts 01-25-2018 07:07 AM

I purchased Machingers as any other glove for sizing. Originally I had picked up the Fons and Porter FMQ gloves which I still use on occasion but needed a second pair so wound up getting the Machingers.

running1 01-25-2018 08:44 AM

Like so many others, I love my Machingers, AND I use them for more than free-motion quilting. Good luck with yours!!