Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Made fabric selection. First quilt. 9 patch. Material reminds me of Mom (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/made-fabric-selection-first-quilt-9-patch-material-reminds-me-mom-t205819.html)

busy fingers 11-12-2012 10:30 PM

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

earthwalker 11-12-2012 10:53 PM

Great fabrics....I think a nice vibrant purple (one that compliments the deepest purple in your fruit and flower fabric ) would be a brilliant binding and maybe a dash here and there depending how you feel. Look forward to seeing how you progress....happy quilting.

GrannieAnnie 11-12-2012 11:02 PM

How did you manage to go to a store like that and come out under $25? And just 3 pieces of fabric? Do love the prints.

jemma 11-12-2012 11:20 PM

yes a purple binding would look great---get set go--pics please

Tallbald 11-13-2012 05:29 AM

How did I get out spending only $25? Well, the less I buy at one time, the less it hurts to see the cost. You eat an elephant one bite at a time I'm told. Plus, the less I buy at once, the more justification there is for returning to the scene of the spending crime! I love the clearance rack, as does my dear Miss Penny, and the clearance rack waxes and wanes so next time there's likely to be more nifty-cool-neato-sharp-oooh-that's-beautiful stuff to get at a deep discount.Another plus is it gives Miss Penny and me a reason to head out together on a mission. We share going to the gun shop to look around, going to the thrift stores to gawk, and now we can share more time together going to Whittles. It's a win-win situation. Civil War prints I found out are kinda high, at $6.50 or so a yard. A beginner like me? I don't need to be hacking and chopping my way through pricey material like that just yet. An experienced quilter who damages or inadvertently wastes premium material can always find a reason it happened that makes sense. Me? It would just be inexperience. I mean, we don't give our new 16 year old driver a Corvette----we give them a 13 year old 4 cylinder rag with duct taped upholstery and mismatched hubcaps to learn to drive. That's my $2.30 a yard fabric and me. Varooom Varooom. Don

Dina 11-13-2012 05:33 AM

I like your fabric and I like your enthusiasm! I am a big fan of purple too. :)

Dina

ArtsyOne 11-13-2012 05:45 AM

You certainly got a great deal on your fabrics! Definitely purple should be in there somewhere - either as a stop border or as the binding.

joyce888 11-13-2012 06:05 AM

Hi Tallbald. I think your fabric choices are great. Must admit I didn't know what DW stood for (do now) so I read your profile and blog. I too resist change and hated when the format of this QB changed but like anything new there is a learning curve (I'm still in mine). I agree there is just to much to loose in good people, information, and ideas to let a few ads rule my day. Hope to see pics of your completed project. Also curious will you be quilting it on a vintage machine and sending it out?

mic-pa 11-13-2012 06:24 AM

YOur fabric choices are perfect. Enjoy

Jingle 11-13-2012 06:32 AM

Great fabric choices. I still get fired up at making quilts and I have made 112 and already started the next one. I finish one and start another, been doing this for several years now.
I can't wait to see it finished up.