Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Magazines--what todo with them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/magazines-what-todo-them-t49889.html)

Annz 06-19-2010 02:32 PM

Put them on the board and either ask a certain price or let people pick a price they are willing or able to pay.

sewandsewcarol 06-19-2010 02:35 PM

my daughter and I both have a few years worth of quilting magazines and what we did was go through them and either copied or cut out a particular pattern if we thought we would use it in the near future and then gave the magazines away. some went to my sister in law in Maine and the others went to a friend in Conn. they both are fairly new to quilting and they think they have hit the jack pot :lol:

AnnaF 06-19-2010 04:06 PM

If you wish to sell them join the yahoo group called: Sewitsforsale. Magazines sell fast on that board.
Anna

Judith Rae 06-19-2010 05:17 PM

Our quilt quild members bring magazines they no longer want to quild meeting. Members may take as many magazine as they like home with them. Magazines left over at the end of the meeting go back home with the member who brought the magazine.

texas granny 06-19-2010 05:19 PM

They could be take to nurseing homes I'm sure the ladies would enjoy looking through them.

Poodles 06-19-2010 06:19 PM

I don't even know where a quilt guild is close to me nor do I even know what they do!!! I am just now beginning how to make quilt tops and hope too learn too make a complete quilt before long. That's the reason I don't have any quilt magazines. Now a friend of mine told me today that she had a couple that she was gonna bring me and I told her thanks and after I read through them I would return them too her and she OH NO! I don't need them back. They are for you. And I thanked her again. Can't wait too see what is in the magazines

Margie 06-19-2010 06:57 PM

I have the worst time parting with quilting magazines. I love them and sit and reread them. Any other magazines I donate to local library...but cant seem to part with the quilting magazines.

Margie

lclang 06-19-2010 07:47 PM

Donate them to a senior center with a sewing/quilting group, your local library, rest homes where some of the residents are able to sew, 4-H sewing groups, quilt guilds, ask around to find new quilters, women's shelters, prisons, church quilting groups, etc. etc.

marla 06-20-2010 11:47 AM

farmer, put you fav. patterns on a CD by scanning them first to your computer. Then label your CD's and keep them in a portable CD holder. You coould cross index them into a little file so you know what patterns you have. You could even print out a small pic to go on the index card.

Betty Ruth 06-20-2010 06:33 PM

I had accumulated about 15 years of several different quilt magazines. I had all issues of my favorite magazine. The other magazine were not complete. When I got an especially tempting offer, I'd subscribe for a year. When my subscription ran out, I might or might not renew. Probably, I'd just subscribe to a different magazine. The magazines were about to run me out of my sewing room. I took a day and went through all the magazines, culled out the ones that no longer interested me and gave them to a charity sponsored thrift shop. I'm now down to one shelf and a box of magazines. Don't ask me to count them. I still have one subscription that has not yet run out, so I 'm still accumulating magazines, just not as fast.