Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   To make or???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/make-t317871.html)

Tartan 03-27-2022 01:19 PM

I would make him a quilt but do it a single bed size.

ptquilts 03-27-2022 02:43 PM

I would make him his own quilt. I hate for people to be disappointed.

sewingsuz 03-27-2022 06:31 PM

I feel bad for him. You could make a double flese blanket and they are very warm. I buy 1 1/2 yards of two different fleese. Plain on the back and something he would like on the front. This would take no time at all. I stitch the two together after smoothing and pinning the middle and all around and then sew about two inches from edge all around and then clip the two layers all around the edges about 1 and 1/2 in in from edge. they wash easy and are very warm.

Grey Lady 03-27-2022 09:00 PM

You gave them a beautiful gift. That should be the end of it. They can share it, summer mine, winter yours. If you gave them a gift card to a seafood restaurant, and one person only ate steak, would you send another gift card? No, you wouldn't. It was rude that they even brought it up, asking for more. Pls don't hate me, but I feel it needed to be said.

alaskasunshine 03-27-2022 10:17 PM

I feel sorry for the husband! What a selfish wife! Hmmm... What to do? Does he have special hobbies? bird watching, golf,fishing etc? I would try to find out! I made my husband a Turning 20 Again quilt and he loves it. All batiks with the exception of the centers and a few fabrics that look like the sky and rocks or pebbles. The main square in the center of each block was fussy cut of Fishing themed stuff and a bit of hunting. It is a handsome quilt! The pattern is easy and since each block is different it doesn't s so much fun to make and cut out!

Thank you for being so kind in such a difficult situation! Please let us know how this turns out:)

PurplePansies 03-28-2022 01:35 AM

I suggest making the same quilt in his colors and the same size. The last thing you want is an argument over her quilt being larger!

lindaschipper 03-28-2022 02:16 AM

My husband and I have separate bedrooms. We each have bad backs and need room to stretch out and get comfortable. Plus, the little cat and dog likes to sleep with me, and then again, I'm up earlier than he is. We see nothing wrong with this arrangement. We both have our own quilts we love.

SusieQOH 03-28-2022 05:12 AM

Wow, this is a first for me to hear about.
You mentioned how disappointed the husband looked. I'd make him his own quilt.
The wife sounded a little grabby didn't she? Saying he was SOL sounds nasty to me.

aashley333 03-28-2022 05:42 AM

Maybe the look of disappointment was for his wife's behavior and comments. I wouldn't hurry to make another quilt. They can wait for another reason to receive such an expensive gift. Key word gift, not guilt.

juliasb 03-28-2022 06:33 AM

Yes, I would make him a quilt same design in his colors. It would probably make both of them very happy.