Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mark on finished quilt - what would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mark-finished-quilt-what-would-you-do-t280985.html)

MadQuilter 08-02-2016 04:02 PM

It is such a faint mark that I was hard-pressed to even see it. If you use any experimental product on it, odds are there could be a big disaster for nothing. Just leave it.

Bree123 08-02-2016 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by KenmoreGal2 (Post 7617422)
The yellow is a poly/cotton blend fabric from a thrift store sheet. Does that change your advice?

Nope. Only would be an issue if there was wool or silk in it, it was a batik or was home dyed. Won't hurt it, but it's really only necessary if it's going to bug you. I know I personally am unreasonably exacting on myself when it comes to guild/charity auction quilts. It's probably unhealthy, but I'm not likely to change anytime soon. :p

Truly, it's not a problem & although it would bug me as the quilt donor (we all have our crazy idiosyncrasies), I wouldn't even expect it to be mentioned if I were the buyer.

fallonquilter 08-03-2016 03:51 AM

Butterfly

Originally Posted by KenmoreGal2 (Post 7617369)
I noticed a small mark on the front of this quilt as I was finishing the binding. I have a pen pointing to it in the picture below. It's pretty small. It looks like ink. I do have a pen in my quilting area and I try to be very careful with it but who knows. I washed the quilt already. I pretreated the spot and it seems to have helped but I'm not sure. I hesitate to proceed because I don't want to damage the quilt.

This will be sold at a fundraising event. I could point out the spot to the organizers before the auction.

What would you do?? I'm at a loss.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555147[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]555148[/ATTACH]

I would sew on a small butterfly appliqué over the spot- turn it at an angle and it will be perfect. It's a joke with my friends, that if they see a butterfly on my quilt, it's a cover up. But it works. And actually makes it cutier!! :)

jamsbuying 08-03-2016 05:13 AM

I don't see a thing! If it really bothers you try Bree's suggestion, hairspray does work. Having said that, I still don't see a spot and don't think anyone else will!!

Diane C. 08-03-2016 06:34 AM

spot on quilt

Hair spray will sometimes take out ball point ink. If you use it you will have to wash the quilt afterwards. I would just leave it alone. The spot is very insignifcant. Diane C.

rj.neihart 08-03-2016 06:53 AM

I don't think it would have been standing out if you hadn't pointed it to us - lol - it is a LOVELY quilt!

elnan 08-03-2016 06:55 AM

I'm with those who say "what spot", and as another has said, an applique or small bit of embroidery can cover and enhance at the same time. When my children were growing up, most of their clothing and bedspreads had applique or a small embroidered animal, flower, or tree scattered on them. You really are sweating the small stuff.

jbj137 08-03-2016 08:32 AM

*** Pretend it is not there. Will probably wash out.

KenmoreGal2 08-03-2016 09:09 AM

Thanks for the most recent replies! I am definitely doing nothing. I'm glad to hear so many of you think it's too small to worry about.

wendiq 08-03-2016 10:46 AM

I can't imagine someone receiving this nice quilt, would nit pik....I sure wouldn't. If it bothers them, then let them fix it! I'd ignore it.......