Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mark on finished quilt - what would you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mark-finished-quilt-what-would-you-do-t280985.html)

KenmoreGal2 08-02-2016 05:45 AM

Mark on finished quilt - what would you do?

2 Attachment(s)
I noticed a small mark on the front of this quilt as I was finishing the binding. I have a pen pointing to it in the picture below. It's pretty small. It looks like ink. I do have a pen in my quilting area and I try to be very careful with it but who knows. I washed the quilt already. I pretreated the spot and it seems to have helped but I'm not sure. I hesitate to proceed because I don't want to damage the quilt.

This will be sold at a fundraising event. I could point out the spot to the organizers before the auction.

What would you do?? I'm at a loss.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555147[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]555148[/ATTACH]

Jane Quilter 08-02-2016 05:52 AM

I would ignore it. Doing anything with degrade the fabric and may make the problem bigger and more obvious on the yellow solid fabric.

cjsews 08-02-2016 05:53 AM

I don't think anyone will notice. And since it is charity I would not think you will get any complaints if they do see it. If it really bothers you is it in a spot you can put a label?

QuiltnNan 08-02-2016 05:54 AM

i don't think anyone would be able to find it if you asked them to inspect the quilt

KenmoreGal2 08-02-2016 05:55 AM

Whew!! I was sort of hoping you would say that. To be honest, when I went to take the picture to post I had to look at the entire quilt twice before I even found the spot again.

I'd rather not put a label over it, it would really change the look of the quilt. It's near one of the corners. That's the only way I was able to find it to take the picture, I remembered it was near a corner.

Quilter 65 08-02-2016 06:09 AM

If it is that difficult to spot with you KNOWING it is there, no one will notice. But I get what you mean--you wanted it pristine!

orangeroom 08-02-2016 06:11 AM

Much a do over nothing. My eyes are pretty good and I really had to look hard to see what you're even talking about. No need to notify anyone. I honestly don't think anyone is going to notice. What ever you've done has worked. Nice bright happy charity quilt! Have a great day!

KenmoreGal2 08-02-2016 06:12 AM

You folks are making me feel so much better! Thanks!

Bree123 08-02-2016 06:18 AM

It's really almost invisible & I think it would be fine to leave it as is. If you're pretty sure it's ink, the best way to get out ink is with hairspray. Just spray a little bit on the dry quilt in that area & gently rub (either rub against the quilt itself or rub with a soft white cloth). When all the ink is gone, you can wash the quilt -- or just spot wash the area with a teeny bit of laundry soap & cold water to remove the sticky hairspray. Works every time & I've yet to see it damage any type of cotton fabric.

NJ Quilter 08-02-2016 06:22 AM

Is there a mark there??? Seriously, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it and would not worry about it in the least.