Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Marshall Dry Goods (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/marshall-dry-goods-t204589.html)

iwillquilt 10-30-2012 08:07 AM

Thank you for the site. I just bought some flannel for $3.99 a yard. Not fancy prints. But I wasn't wanting fancy. Beautiful lumberjack plaids. Perfect for what I wanted.

damaquilts 10-31-2012 03:28 AM

I ordered the 108" backing from them . Exactly what I have seen elsewere for twice the price. And it shipped fast too.

KathyKat 10-31-2012 04:15 AM

Ok, I just spent an hour browsing their site!:o Love the choices for wide backing(108" for $7.99/yd!). Also lots of blender fabrics which I have trouble finding around here for reasonable prices. Licensed fabrics, fleece, lots of different designer lines...you have to take a look! Thank you for this post and all the great comments!:thumbup:

mhollifiel 10-31-2012 04:28 AM

Due to a trip related to an unexpected distant family death, I spent over three hours shopping there in early January this year and it was fantastic. So much to choose from and great selections. I also shopped their "rejects" for $1/yd. Many of those would have been unusable but some only had a streak that hadn't taken the dye down the length of the piece. Hello, I am a QUiLTER! I cut this stuff up! I bought 8 yds of a beautiful green I have used and used. I bought lots of finds from that big bin. You have to look but I love a bargain. Of course, I spent time and money all over the store. They even had a nice batik selection.
Since I am from North Carolina, I stocked up and spent nearly $400. I filled the spaces between our luggage (we motorcyclists pack light) in our SUV and some in the back seat. Our Dog was a bit cramped coming home but he's only 17 pounds! I have already used much of this for Project Linus quilt tops so it sews up great. Lots of choices especially for preteen boys which is my target age of choice.
Now I have a dilemma. That is, whether I'd rather go to Arkansas or Maine (Mardens). Both have great selection and prices. What delicious choices!!! Right now I am hunkered down to winter sewing so I have lots of time to think about what I'll do. . . unless there's someplace else equally "fabriclicious" with fantastic prices???

tbumgarn 10-31-2012 05:25 AM

I have bought material and even been to the store. Marshall Dry Goods is like most fabric stores they carry a variety of brands- some good some bad. I have never been disappointed with what I buy off line but have to be picky when at the store. They have bargin tables set up for people looking for a great price but the material can be flawed- but you can only get this at the store. I live about 2 hours away and love to go to the store and shop- I can get a discount with my tax number but my husband has banned me from going until I use some of my stash up. He says he is tired of having to share his space with fabric. Marshall has great prices and I have no plans to quit buy on line since my husband never told me I couldn't. The store is great to work with and ships my orders fast by first class mail. I also shop from Fabric.com alot. Hope this help you make the decsion to try them. If you buy and are unhappy with the material let me know and I might be able to buy it from you.

ms sewer 10-31-2012 06:04 AM

I have ordered from Marshall Dry Goods online. Mostly backing fabrics. The fabric has always been a good quality.

Slow2Sew 10-31-2012 06:36 AM

I make the 200 mile round trip to Marshall's if I have a large project in the works. If you get a chance to visit the store, be sure to check out their bargain table. Most of the fabric is good quality that has a misprint on it, but still plenty of good print to use. Seems like I paid $1.00 per yard the last time I bought it.

LisaGibbs 10-31-2012 06:39 AM

I have bought from them online and was more than pleased with the service and the price of the fabrics.

matraina 10-31-2012 06:48 AM

Speaking of Amish Country, is anyone going to the Amish Shop Hop this Friday? I'm going to be on a bus that "A Piece in Time" quilt shop arranged for those who wanted to go. It's $65 but they take you to all the shops in one day and they stop in Amish Country for lunch. It's my first one and I'm looking forward to it.

Grace MooreLinker 10-31-2012 07:38 AM

Thanks for the web site , I want to check out their on line prices. also send my daughter that lives in MO. the site