Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Masterpieces of art (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/masterpieces-art-t192066.html)

QuiltingKrazy 06-18-2012 07:31 AM

I would bet there are way more everyday quilters on this board than "Professionals" by far! Myself included in the everyday group! I feel Proud when I post a picture of one of my projects that I myself have completed! NOT ONCE,
have I ever received or even seen anything posted but praise for ANY picture shared on this board and that makes me love this place even more! I have gain so much confidence in my own quilting from participating in Doll Quilt and Boomerang swaps. Through those swaps, I realized that not everyone on here is a better quilter than me! So please feel free to share your photos with us! I am sure your quilting is much better than you give yourself credit for!

landers1 06-18-2012 07:47 AM

KSue i have seen pictures of your work it is beautiful, I can only hope that I could ever be near as good, But i love what i do, I my not ever be really good at it ,But it makes me so happy, my sewing room is my little piece of heaven

liont 06-18-2012 08:06 AM

There are professionals here! That is the truth :) But not once did they act uppity or put people down. I've not come across any quilt police here! I recall there was one thread where people discuss if they press or iron. Quite a few fess'ed up that they ironed (to and fro). There was no disdain at all. That is what I love about this site. It is really for everyone. While the technically more experienced ones shared tips and tutorials, they do it in a way that is in the true spirit of sharing, not to show off or advertise.

A note about photography, sometimes it is about setting and angles. We have to show the best "face"!

SewExtremeSeams 06-18-2012 08:31 AM

Just want to add to encouraging you that everyone on here is NOT professional. I have been on here for 3 years and mostly stick with smaller projects but I have learned what I do and don't like, saved tons of photos for reference and try to learn from others. We need you too!

You are correct, it is more difficult to post photos than it used to be with the other format but now that I have been successful and few times and learned what to look for it is not that hard. If you want sometime, PM me and I will help you walk through it.

Looking forward to your next quilt posted on the board. May you have a wonderful day. :)

GrannieAnnie 06-18-2012 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by KSue (Post 5296986)
While looking over pictures on this site I have come to the conclusion that this board appears to be for professional quilters that want to showcase their talents. The workmanship is superb and the quilting is out of this world - something that I would never be talented enough to do or afford to have done.

With that being said, I do enjoy looking at all of your beautiful masterpieces of art.

I used to post some of my things when the site was easier to use, but will probably not be doing much of that considering that my photos do not want to load and it is a pain to use - not to mention that my work is, shall we say, not up to the standards that I see here.

I still enjoy trying to improve my talents and will probably continue to look at your works of art.

Thank you for bringing much joy to my tired ol' eyes.

Professional?????? That implies that most of these quilters are selling their products. When read posts, it seems to me that most quilters here do so for enjoyment, not for profit.

GrannieAnnie 06-18-2012 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5298133)
Just want to add to encouraging you that everyone on here is NOT professional. I have been on here for 3 years and mostly stick with smaller projects but I have learned what I do and don't like, saved tons of photos for reference and try to learn from others. We need you too!

You are correct, it is more difficult to post photos than it used to be with the other format but now that I have been successful and few times and learned what to look for it is not that hard. If you want sometime, PM me and I will help you walk through it.

Looking forward to your next quilt posted on the board. May you have a wonderful day. :)

Sadly with the old method of posting photos it was quite difficult for me to post pictures. Now this new method make it absolutely impossible for me to post pics. Problems with this computer that I can not replace at this time.

crafty pat 06-18-2012 08:58 AM

I quilt for my own pleasure. It calms me and gives me the fun of playing with beautiful fabrics. I will never be as good as most of the beautiful work I have seen here, but I love the process and the ones whom I have given my work to loves them so that is good enough for me. I love looking at all the work here and if I can help anyone that makes me happy. I like the encouragement given to new quilters here. There is a place for all of us here.

justflyingin 06-18-2012 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5296996)
I'll second what AuntPiggy has said.

KSue, If you feel that this is only for professional quilters, then I'm not sure why? I've been here for over a year and have never had that feeling. There's a lot of us regular, average-Joe's or or should I say Josie's here

I also do not know why OP feels like this...so many people put beautiful quilts here but some even say, "It's my first FMQ, etc.". We see all levels of quilting and piecing. I think this is a wonderful place to come and get inspired!

hopetoquilt 06-18-2012 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the quilts I posted recently. Definitely NOT a masterpiece but my older son loves it:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]343027[/ATTACH]

I love to post all sorts of quilts. Some of the ones I make are much higher quality. I love this one because Ryan loves this one. It contains his hockey jerseys and some other shirts. It is uneven, some numbers are cut off or not centered and I definitely would not have chosen to put the colors together. But, who cares? It was fun to post and some people liked it. Have fun on the board and use it for what you want. BTW, it took some advice from a board member to make it easier to post pix. Now I have these icons just above the post reply box and it is so much easier to post pix. I don't remember how I got them added though.

LadyElisabeth 06-18-2012 05:12 PM

Just remember EVERYONE of us were beginners and many of us still are. Each of us made a first quilt and have not lost that feeling of joy from feeling it and looking at it.
As for the "posting", some days my computer does what I want it to do and other days it sure has a mind of it's own.