Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Maybe I have to quit calling myself a beginner.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/maybe-i-have-quit-calling-myself-beginner-t131876.html)

Raggiemom 06-20-2011 12:51 PM

It's an extremely addictive hobby, that's for sure!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-20-2011 01:40 PM

You don't sound braggy at all and even if you were, so what??
We all love quilting here and it's fun to see accomplishments and growth! :D

clynns 06-20-2011 04:01 PM

I'm past the hobby stage myself. It's my love. But don't tell my DH that. I'd rather quilt than eat, cook or sleep. If I don't have it, I don't need it. LOl

Dina 06-20-2011 04:14 PM

I guess I really am surprised at how addictive it is...so is my husband, who bought me my great sewing machine for Christmas a year and a half ago. I have become a quilt monster, and it is his fault. :)

sueisallaboutquilts 06-20-2011 05:10 PM

Ok, Dina, blame him!! lol :D:D
You are so right though, but a good addiction indeed!!!

Mickey1 06-20-2011 05:30 PM

I had no idea when I first started how addictive it is! It's better than chocolate and that's saying something! I've been quilting for 5 or 6 years and still refer to myself as a beginner.

JanTx 06-20-2011 05:49 PM

My husband calls me a Compulsive Quilter, but he also got me a new sewing machine for Christmas.

I would disagree with him, but ... I can't. I'ts not quite 8:00 PM, but I'm about to fall into bed because - I was sewing until 5:30 this morning. Then up at 7:30 AM cause we're getting a new roof and the contractor was coming at 8:00. So to bed for me now so I can sew all day tomorrow.

BUT ... I got that table runner done last night - wasn't even sure how I was going to put it together yesterday. Today got a Yellow Brick Road lap quilt totally cut out and two of the three kinds of blocks sewn together - that's almost 30 blocks. Tomorrow I'll finish doing that and start obsessing about how to put the rows together. So ... obsessive AND compulsive!

We used to say that the three best reasons to be a teacher were June, July, and August. These days we teach part of June and definately part of August, but in the meantime - quilt, quilt, quilt.

butterflies5518 06-20-2011 05:53 PM

I would be crowing too! 24! OMG! I am only on number 4 but can't help thinking what was I fighting it for - I love making them. I love the creative outlet and all the colors of my stash - an instant rainbow in my sewing umum Quilting Room!

sllj40 06-20-2011 07:02 PM

Haha ;o) yay for us! Your remark about not referring to yourself as a beginner sorta struck a chord with me too, I've wondered about that myself. I completed my first (a lap quilt) late last November. Then I made a few mug rugs(which of course are just miniature quilts) then in March I completed my second lap size and in April I made a baby quilt. So I'm getting there lol. (Editing this to say if you notice the date I joined I was out there looking around a lot before jumping on in :o). Sarah

buttons 06-20-2011 07:34 PM

Well I have not counted all the quilts that I have made, Christmas tree skirts amd other smaller wall hanging that I have made and finally I made a Nickle quilt ( D9P) last year for myself. Have to put border on it yet. Am working on a Stack & Whack top that I will keep also. You just get hooked on it and you start to sew and before you know it has been 3-4 hrs of sewing. It is just so much fun