Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Messy Sewing Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/messy-sewing-room-t141848.html)

tellabella 08-01-2011 10:48 AM

I can't stand a mess...it quickly get like that but it makes me crazy to the point where i start making mistakes and not being careful...when i can't find scissors, am tripping over boxes,etc I just want to get out..happened last night..was re-upholstering a little ottoman and I was ready to scream..had to stop and clean up half way through...

Murphy 08-01-2011 11:00 AM

I do not like the chaos of messy either. I take the time to clear the clutter.

bjeriann 08-01-2011 11:10 AM

I like mine clean and organized. Since I redid my room about 2 mos. ago, everything is put away each night. I have a basket for the project I'm working on at the time. When I start a new one, the room has to be clean and ready to go.

Honeynga 08-01-2011 11:10 AM

I don't really have a sewing room. I live alone in a tiny 1 bedroom apt; my living dining room table has 2 sewing machines plus other stuff; each chair, except one, has sewing stuff; I have a small "sun room" that is long and narrow and part of it is used for storage. In the sun room I have a small cutting table, book shelves and ironing board, not to mention several totes filles with stuff.

Last night as I was going to bed and thinking that it seemed to be cooler in my bedroom, why couldn't I sew in there ????? There isn't a table that would work. Too that room doesn't have a lot of natural light so it would be difficult, UNLESS, I can find a suitable table to put another sewing machine on......

Years back when I was married and had kids at home, I did have a real sewing room.....doesn't matter, it was still a mess !

Don't fret over messy room, sign of a creative mind and spirit !

PaperPrincess 08-01-2011 11:15 AM

I Like mine neat, but it never is that way. I tend to use the layer method, where the most recent project's leftovers are on the top. when I finally get around to cleaning up i feel like an archeologist sifting thru the different strata.

pocoellie 08-01-2011 11:20 AM

If I could create in a messy sewing room, I would never get anything created. LOL But to each their own, in my opinion.

khurtdvm 08-01-2011 11:39 AM

My sewing room has always been horribly messy, but now that we've redone it, I'm trying to change my ways. Time to aspire to being a neatnik! ;)

LyndaOH 08-01-2011 11:44 AM

I don't like the chaos and it reminds me that I should be spending my time cleaning it up. It definitely saps my creativity!

It doesn't have to be neat as a pin, but I do need to have everything in its general place.

Kherrin 08-01-2011 12:08 PM

I put things away also...I am by no means a "neat freak" but if things aren't where they are supposed to be I have trouble finding them. My DH has just built me a separate shop (14X24) and it is hard for me to find everything since I am still in the process of moving in...but have most of the things I use all the time there and put up where I know exactly where they are when I need them. The things I did not like about not having my own sewing shop...dragging everything out...then having to put everything up...now only includes getting to a stopping point and straightening up enough to be able to come back the next time and pick up where I left off.

katydidit 08-01-2011 12:10 PM

I cannot deal with nor work in clutter- which is why my sewing machine is now in the living room. My sewing room is so messy that I can't even go in there to clean it. My brain shuts down and I get panicky. Have to just back out- don't dare turn my back on it LOL- and walk out closing the door behind me.