Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mini Bow Tucks pattern /SCAM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mini-bow-tucks-pattern-scam-t56381.html)

donnajean 07-26-2010 02:42 PM

I just purchased a the Mini Bow Tucks pattern from an E-bay seller who seems to be posting them daily with a starting price of $5.99 & free shipping. What I got looks like a photo-copy to me. Could someone who purchased the pattern from a quilt shop, etc. look at the pattern pages & tell me if the bottom line on each page is cut in half - as if it did not fit on a photo copy machine? I would think the pattern would have been professionally printed.

drivingsusan 07-26-2010 02:55 PM

I do think you got a photo copy.
Both of my Bow Tuck patterns look 'professionally' printed!
Nothing at all wonky about them!

kathy 07-26-2010 03:36 PM

I think you should contact Penny Sturges and report the theif! If you don't have her contact information I do!

donnajean 07-26-2010 03:46 PM

Yes, I already sent an e-mail to Penny. I am a retired librarian, so this kind of thing really irritates me & thought Penny should know what this woman is doing. I sent a complaint to the E-bay seller & have not heard back yet.

Originally Posted by kathy
I think you should contact Penny Sturges and report the theif! If you don't have her contact information I do!

nana pat 07-26-2010 04:55 PM

both of mine are professionally done. I think you bought black market patterns.
Boo hiss to the seller. :thumbdown:

hazeljane 07-26-2010 04:58 PM

You might also contact eBay. They work very hard at keeping this kind of thing out, and they are very strict about it. In a marketplace that big, it's tough but they have gotten big by being a pretty safe place to buy. If you paid via PayPal, I would contact them as well. So that this does not happen to others.

dkabasketlady 07-26-2010 05:45 PM

I looked at my copy & nothing is cut off at the bottom of the page. This pattern cost as much as the reg. size Bow Tucks. I'm with everyone else about contacting Penny Sturgis, E-Bay, paypal, the seller & also give negative feedback and please STATE THE REASON so other buyers can be aware NOT to buy from this person. After this is taken care of please let us know who it is so that we don't deal from this person or store!!!!

donnajean 07-26-2010 06:07 PM

I have sent an e-mail to the E-bay seller as well as an e-mail to Penny Sturges. I also filed a dispute with E-bay & seller has not responded yet. I am waiting to hear what this seller has to say. If you do a search on E-bay with key words "Bow Tucks pattern", you will see a seller that posts both the regular & Mini Bow Tucks patterns for a starting price of $5.99 with free shipping. If you click on the seller's feedback, you will see that she has sold many of these patterns. I'm just wondering why I am the 1st to question getting a photo copy.

I know there is a good interest for the patterns by members of the QuiltingBoard, so I will keep members informed.

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I looked at my copy & nothing is cut off at the bottom of the page. This pattern cost as much as the reg. size Bow Tucks. I'm with everyone else about contacting Penny Sturgis, E-Bay, paypal, the seller & also give negative feedback and please STATE THE REASON so other buyers can be aware NOT to buy from this person. After this is taken care of please let us know who it is so that we don't deal from this person or store!!!!

wvdek 07-26-2010 08:23 PM

I had this problem today with an aquaintance who knew I had purchased a particular quilt pattern. She wanted to borrow it and copy the pages. I told her no, it is a violation of the copyright laws. Not sure I would have done that before joining this board. Thanks.

donnajean 07-27-2010 02:31 AM

Fraud update!
I received no communication from the E-bay seller 2002misty regarding the photo copy of the Bow Tucks pattern she mailed me. But, I did receive notification at midnight last nite -from E-bay- that that the seller had issued a full refund of my $7.03 and the case was closed. Buyers beware as she is still selling them on e-bay!

This is the notification from E-bay:

Good news! We let the seller know the item wasn't as described, and the seller issued you a full refund. This case is now closed.