Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Missouri lets do lunch! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/missouri-lets-do-lunch-t45007.html)

memathomas 05-05-2010 12:20 PM

Who's from Missouri maybe we can get a shop hop together on just have lunch I am 4 miles east of Concordia in Emma mo

Panther Creek Quilting 05-05-2010 12:52 PM

I am in when you have a date set. Hopefully it will work out that Keith can watch the kids. I am (you already know this, mema) in the smack dab middle of the state.

Sheila

memathomas 05-05-2010 03:18 PM

yep!! i will let u know if this pans out
mema

stitchinwitch 05-05-2010 06:04 PM

Where exactly is Emma?? I MIGHT be interested and there might be 2 more depending when exactly you are doing this. Gas prices are going up and it is scaring the OMG out of me!

spinnergs 05-05-2010 06:52 PM

Sounds like fun, pm us when it is set up!

memathomas 05-05-2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Where exactly is Emma?? I MIGHT be interested and there might be 2 more depending when exactly you are doing this. Gas prices are going up and it is scaring the OMG out of me!

OK it between kc and Columbia mo concordia on west and sweet spring on the east side i can pm u if you want more information at this point i thought we might meet in Independence let me know
memathomas

sahm4605 05-06-2010 05:20 AM

If you meet in Independence, MO I am all for it. I live in Blue Springs and could make it. As long as you guys don't mind me bringing my two kids. Getting a babysitter is hard and I can't be away from my son for more than an hour because of Breast feeding and He has mommy itis. I have a perfect location for us to meet if you want to meet near 70 Hwy in Independence. We can even bring our machines and sew on those white plastic tables if we wanted to. My church owns some grounds that have a large conference center that would be great. Plus it is near food. I would just have to check the dates. On Mondays we have a mommy play group that meets there in the morning.

Newby0709 05-06-2010 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
If you meet in Independence, MO I am all for it. I live in Blue Springs and could make it. As long as you guys don't mind me bringing my two kids. Getting a babysitter is hard and I can't be away from my son for more than an hour because of Breast feeding and He has mommy itis. I have a perfect location for us to meet if you want to meet near 70 Hwy in Independence. We can even bring our machines and sew on those white plastic tables if we wanted to. My church owns some grounds that have a large conference center that would be great. Plus it is near food. I would just have to check the dates. On Mondays we have a mommy play group that meets there in the morning.

If you meet in Indep MO, is KS invited? I live about 50 miles from Indep. Depending on the date, I would enjoy meeting and getting ideas. Still timid about sewing around anyone else.

sahm4605 05-06-2010 11:44 AM

I don't blame you. I am scared to death of going to a local quilting group. Have one at a senior center by my house. The senior center people can be quite mean to those who are not white or almost white-gray haired people. Had one lady tell me that I wasn't supposed to be there using the bathroom because I was under 50. This with having my DD who was 1 1/2 at the time.

FunkyMonkey 05-06-2010 12:46 PM

I wish I lived closer, I used to live in Garden City Mo.. but now I live in illinois and am closer to st louis. Take pics if you do this and make sure you post them.