Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   the most wonderful thing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/most-wonderful-thing-t281362.html)

slbram17 08-16-2016 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric (Post 7628542)
JoAnn Fabric is moving right into the empty Hancock's Fabric building in my town of Hattiesburg, MS the sign is already up......YEA anyone else's town having this happen to them

So far I have not seen any activity in the area. But I will be going over that way later in the week, will check. The Hancocks space was pretty small though.

slbram17 08-16-2016 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB (Post 7628646)
I would love for a Joann's to move into our vacated Hancock Fabric. The nearest Joann's for us is in Knoxville, which is a couple hours for me. Although my DD loves to go to Knoxville and we make a day of it.

We have a nice Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin Crafts and a couple quilt stores to still by fabric from. I am not crazy about Walmart and their fabric selection never varies. Same thing they have had for years.

I haven't seen a Ben Franklin around here for years.

Onebyone 08-16-2016 10:08 AM

I go there if the price of an item I want is cheaper with a coupon then elsewhere. Their coupon nonsense is frustrating to me.

SewingSew 08-16-2016 10:16 AM

I love that there is a Joann's near me. But I agree that their coupons make me frustrated. I can't tell you how often I have made a special trip to their store excited about using my coupon for a favorite piece of fabric, just to find it on sale instead for only a minimal discount. This happened just last week again. It is annoying.

QuiltnLady1 08-16-2016 01:26 PM

Our Hancocks is tiny. I wish Joann's would move near me since I love to shop their storage, notions and rulers. Michaels not so much. Went up to visit friend when I used to live and Hobby Lobby is going in a new shopping center. That means Joann's , Michaels, Hobby Lobby and a wonderful LQS will be about 1/2 mile apart. Wish we hadn't had to move.

Nammie to 7 08-16-2016 06:21 PM

We had a Hancock's - it closed and now Joann's is opening in that spot -- not sure when but they are advertising for help. We also had a Ben Franklin until just recently. Never had a Joann's to shop in - it will be interesting to see what they carry!

quiltingshorttimer 08-16-2016 07:32 PM

I agree with Dunster that it seems like the management of the JoAnn's stores make such a difference--unfortunately the one closest to me has a male manager that is not nice to either customers or employees--days he's not there it does seem better.

But a general grip here--I am SO TIRED of businesses not hiring enough employees! Not just retail, where you can never find a clerk, but also in businesses where you phone and wait, and wait, and wait--or worse, get stuck "talking" to a machine! I'm willing to pay more to businesses that actually employee people to make my life easier!

wesing 08-16-2016 08:37 PM

I believe the one in Warner Robins GA will become a Joann.

Mariposa 08-16-2016 08:52 PM

A fairly local JoAnn's is moving to another location in the mall--just for more space. Should be nice. :)

grammasharon 08-17-2016 04:32 AM

My experience also. I live 80+ miles from the nearest Joanns and had Hancock Fabric 130 miles away. would make a trip to Hancocks before stopping at Joanns because I liked their sales and they honored Joanns coupons. will miss Hancocks and I see that a Joanns is coming to that store location too.

Originally Posted by SewingSew (Post 7628691)
I love that there is a Joann's near me. But I agree that their coupons make me frustrated. I can't tell you how often I have made a special trip to their store excited about using my coupon for a favorite piece of fabric, just to find it on sale instead for only a minimal discount. This happened just last week again. It is annoying.