Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   the most wonderful thing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/most-wonderful-thing-t281362.html)

reginalovesfabric 08-16-2016 07:41 AM

the most wonderful thing!

JoAnn Fabric is moving right into the empty Hancock's Fabric building in my town of Hattiesburg, MS the sign is already up......YEA anyone else's town having this happen to them

Onebyone 08-16-2016 08:13 AM

It's better then no shop at all. LOL

SewingSew 08-16-2016 08:16 AM

I'm very happy for you Regina. I know how excited I was when I moved to a new town and saw a Joann store. What a wonderful thing for you!

sewbizgirl 08-16-2016 08:17 AM

That is wonderful! I'm right up the road from you in Florence....

If JoAnn's is savvy enough to do that in one location, I'm sure they are planning to do it in others. Why not move in and take advantage of an already established market? Makes perfect business sense.

sewbizgirl 08-16-2016 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7628568)
It's better then no shop at all. LOL

The alternative wasn't 'no shop at all'.... Hattiesburg has a Hobby Lobby and several quilting shops. But I get it... you were making a veiled comment that you don't like JoAnn's. Ok, to each their own. I personally can't stand to shop in a Walmart.

tessagin 08-16-2016 08:44 AM

I don't have a problem with JoAnn's.

dunster 08-16-2016 08:50 AM

I would love to have a JoAnn's in the area where I usually shop. There is one in a town nearby, just not very convenient for me. JoAnn's stores can differ greatly from one town to another in cleanliness, friendliness, and even in product. The same can be true of any store, including Walmart. I think a lot depends on the on-site management. The fact that your JoAnn's will be new probably means that it will be well organized, well stocked, and clean, with a new staff that is excited about opening a new store. How exciting!

ManiacQuilter2 08-16-2016 08:52 AM

There wasn't a Hancock in my area.

Cari-in-Oly 08-16-2016 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric (Post 7628542)
JoAnn Fabric is moving right into the empty Hancock's Fabric building in my town of Hattiesburg, MS the sign is already up......YEA anyone else's town having this happen to them

I imagine the buildings are being sold off to various companies. I know that Michaels Crafts bought up their remaining inventory and the rights to their branded products so it's reasonable to assume that some of the buildings will become larger Michaels stores.

Cari

SherriB 08-16-2016 09:27 AM

I would love for a Joann's to move into our vacated Hancock Fabric. The nearest Joann's for us is in Knoxville, which is a couple hours for me. Although my DD loves to go to Knoxville and we make a day of it.

We have a nice Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin Crafts and a couple quilt stores to still by fabric from. I am not crazy about Walmart and their fabric selection never varies. Same thing they have had for years.