Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   From the mouths of Babes... melted my heart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mouths-babes-melted-my-heart-t258027.html)

Reba'squilts 12-11-2014 05:39 AM

I love the things our grandchildren say. Our soon to be 18 year old always smells our linen closet when she comes over because it smells so good and she thinks that smell will always make her think of us! She also asked me to "pencil her in for a quilt". She will be getting it with her Christmas gifts. Our 9 year old boy wants a quilt too. Looking for sports fabric for it. It was great being a mother....but this grandmother job is the best I ever had!!! Enjoy them!

Emma S 12-11-2014 06:16 AM

Not only beautiful on the inside but also on the outside. So wonderful that she feels the need to give back even when she's so young. My guess is, she has never lacked for good examples.

Seaside gal 12-11-2014 06:36 AM

I love your granddaughter's comment. It's so true. I am making a quilt for my son and I think of him all the time I'm working on it.

Sewnoma 12-11-2014 07:02 AM

She gets it! Clever, bighearted girl. :) I predict that she's going to be a "maker" too. Maybe a quilter, maybe not, but she's going to be making things for people too.

tncorrente 12-11-2014 07:13 AM

Grandkids are great! My GD, who is 6, was in my sewing room one day and told me she needs a quilt with a shark. A short time later she came back with a picture she had colored of her shark quilt! She told me "Now you know how to make it Grandma!" Guess I have the pattern now I better get started!

EmiliasNana 12-11-2014 07:54 AM

She is right ! My favorite quilts are the ones that have that personal touch, that was made especially for that person in mind. How sweet that she verbalized that to you. Give her a big hug from me too.

bjgallent 12-11-2014 07:56 AM

Aren't grandchildren wonderful? One time my granddaughter said she wanted a "Hello Kitty" pillow for her birthday. I asked her where I might buy one. She said "I want you to make me one." Well, of course I had to shop and find the fabric so she would have one for her birthday.

wildyard 12-11-2014 07:58 AM

Smiles, I love that you are sharing your stories back with me and each other. This is a great thread for winter as it is keeping us warm with such wonderful stories and filling our hearts with warm thoughts and wishes for one another.

I wish I could move her to the front of the line, but I have comfort quilts to make, and could not set them aside with a good conscience. I would not be the Nana she "gets" if I could. But she understands that also and is content to wait.

Now she has told me her friend has a 13 yr. old brother and she felt badly that she didn't have a quilt for him too. We all know who is next in line. I just have to come up with an idea to combine flutes, snowboards and Boy Scouts.... oh my. Oh and lime green. LOL. I have my work cut out for me on this one. I am open to suggestions... anyone ever seen snowboard fabric?

llong0233 12-11-2014 08:28 AM

Lovely, insightful and articulate gift from an 11 year old. Thanks for sharing.

Daisy Dew 12-11-2014 09:12 AM

What absolutely perfect moment - when you are about to finish her next quilt a label with those thoughts might be nice.