Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Moving my sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/moving-my-sewing-room-t218880.html)

stablemom 04-11-2013 01:05 PM

Moving my sewing room

So my husband is going away for a week, a week out of the province with the boys....he never does a boys night out! But it only happens a few times a year

Anyway, I have the house to myself, except for my daughter and grandson, and probably the boyfriend every evening.

So I am moving my stuff from an itty bitty room 7' x 5' , to part of the basement rec room
I am putting the tv and couch from the rec room to that little room, wall papering it, and painting it and putting a quilt up on the wall against the garage and getting a small electric stove so it will be nice and cosy.

Then I am setting up my sewing room!
I am visualizing it and getting excited
Maybe this will get me out of my funk about my job!

But first to pack it up, oh my!
I will try to take pictures first and get daugher to show me how to download them and show you folks before and after!

I figure lets do it now instead of waiting months or a year from now...now reason to wait!!!
Wish me luck that it turns out how I see it in my mind.
It won't be anything fancy, but more room to work in. .

isewman 04-11-2013 01:14 PM

Only jokeing with you. But I can make room for fabric here, if you run out of space. And maybe your ideals of your sewing room, will help me to up date my sewing room, also.

mighty 04-11-2013 01:34 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!

quiltstringz 04-11-2013 01:36 PM

Good - do it while most everyone is gone especially hubby. Just make sure to stay on track so that you can get it done or at least mostly done. I'll be thinking about you - I know it is a pain but it will be so worth when you are all set up. Good Luck

sweetpea 04-11-2013 01:42 PM

Hope the change will gave you a put-me-up. and thing with your job get better, I know how it is to have a job that is hard to go ever day.

wolph33 04-11-2013 01:49 PM

good for you-show us what you do

sewplease 04-11-2013 02:40 PM

Good for you! The new little sitting room sounds so cozy and it will be nice to have more space for your sewing area. I love before and after pictures of sewing rooms, haha.

AliKat 04-11-2013 03:56 PM

Hope you get productive help with the heavy lifting and all.

Does this mean you will now have a great design wall?

LynnVT 04-11-2013 04:19 PM

Have a lovely weekend doing it! I'm chuckling because I used to do thing like that when my DH was working nights and I worked days. One night he came home and discovered I had painted the nasty dark kitchen cabinets white while he was gone. My mom did the same thing when my dad worked nights. He used to really fuss when he walked in late at night and tripped over furniture that was not where it was when he left. And now one of my DDs does the same thing - major redos, painting etc. when her hubby goes on a business trip. Guess it's a family thing - you must be our cousin! Or a sister quilter. LOL

carslo 04-11-2013 04:33 PM

Have a wonderful time re-decorating. Now what part of Canada are you from? I was born in SK and lived in AB, BC , ONT and Quebec. It will be nice to have a bigger space.