Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mug Rug Tag Card (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mug-rug-tag-card-t114384.html)

sunflower126 04-08-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Originally Posted by sunflower126
It's perfect. I used another one that someone on the board wrote and it was cute too. But this one explains the purpose better. I hope you will allow us to use it on ours.

Care to share the alternative?
Please? and Thanks!

I will share this with you but please whoever wrote it I am not trying to take credit for the poem. I did a search and can't seem to find it. I used it on the 3 dozen I made and gave for Christmas gifts this year.

I could have made a bigger quilt,
I'm willing and I'm able
But instead I made this tiny quilt
To save your lovely table.
So when you are drinking something hot
And want to rest your mug
Remember that your special cup
Now has it's own little rug.

If the person who wrote this reads this please take credit. Thanks.

Ann L 04-08-2011 01:24 PM

All three are very nice. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

patricia graham 04-08-2011 01:55 PM

That's a good idea for the rice.Never thought of putting it in freezer, I use it for heat mostly.Although mice like the rice too, so a friend showed me to use an old mens sock@fill with popcorn.Warm up in microwave for 3 min, take out, cool completely.Then when cold u can stick in microwave for longer.Keep's warm for awhile..

QuiltE 04-08-2011 02:28 PM

Thanks for all the verses!!

As I was driving today, I was thinking of Mug Rugs done, rolled up and tied with ribbon ... then one placed at each place at Christmas Dinner instead of Christmas Crackers. Or used for table favours at any event!

Question .... what size are you people finding best for your Mug Rugs? Also for the pockets?

Please? and Thanks!

leiladylei54 04-08-2011 02:50 PM

Oh a nice idea to include this tag with that cute poem. I like it!!!

rannyof3 04-08-2011 05:36 PM

I'd like to know the sizes also..... Thanks

sunflower126 04-09-2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by rannyof3

I made mine 7 x 9" with no pockets. Rolled them and put them into a mug with a single wrapped biscotti and a single serve coffee of hot chocolate. Used them for friends, teachers, gift exchange for female family members.

QuiltE 04-09-2011 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by sunflower126

Originally Posted by rannyof3

I made mine 7 x 9" with no pockets. Rolled them and put them into a mug with a single wrapped biscotti and a single serve coffee of hot chocolate. Used them for friends, teachers, gift exchange for female family members.

Good idea, Ranny for the additions!!

patricia graham 05-21-2011 03:18 AM

I'm on to making more mug rugs today.Mine are becoming a little ragged with washing so much but can always fix in a jiffy.

Homespun 07-07-2011 10:14 AM

Love it.