Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   mug rugs for Christmas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mug-rugs-christmas-t155218.html)

Highmtn 09-24-2011 06:59 AM

Trying to delete...

Highmtn 09-24-2011 06:59 AM

JodyMa...
You really don't need a pattern. You can just find a quilt block you like and add a little side strip for a spoon or cookie. I've made them out of left over fabrics or demo blocks I've tried.

I think there is a standard size, but as long as I don't go over 9"x 12".. I'm happy. I have some that are just a lone leftover block I sewed up. Google "mug rug or mug mat" images... your brain will pop from all the ideas....lol Have fun and just go for it.

I tried to attach a link, but it wouldn't let me?? Odd... any how Google Mug Rug patterns too... that will give you lots of ideas.

Highmtn 09-24-2011 07:02 AM

Oh yes.. .the mug rugs here are just ADORABLE!! Soo fun...and a lot of thought went into them!

cctx. 09-24-2011 07:04 AM

Very cute, love them all. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

dphelps 09-24-2011 08:15 AM

They are great. Nice work.

bobbie1 09-24-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
I have fallen in love with mug rugs and yours are very creative and cute. I am making mug rugs for Christmas too and came across this really neat star that is supposed to be a potholder, but I am going to make it as a mug rug. Here is the link: file:///Users/pcgardner/Desktop/Moda%20Bake%20Shop:%20Fancy%20Folded%20Star%20Pot% 20Holder.webarchive

I would like to download inst for this folded star. Has anyone downloaded inst in another format that would condense inst from 7-8 pages down to maybe 3-4? Thanks

jodyma 09-24-2011 09:05 AM

Thanks, I never thought to do that. I'm going to try it today.

Originally Posted by Highmtn
JodyMa...
You really don't need a pattern. You can just find a quilt block you like and add a little side strip for a spoon or cookie. I've made them out of left over fabrics or demo blocks I've tried.

I think there is a standard size, but as long as I don't go over 9"x 12".. I'm happy. I have some that are just a lone leftover block I sewed up. Google "mug rug or mug mat" images... your brain will pop from all the ideas....lol Have fun and just go for it.

I tried to attach a link, but it wouldn't let me?? Odd... any how Google Mug Rug patterns too... that will give you lots of ideas.

koko 09-24-2011 09:10 AM

These are so lovely and you have been so clever to adapt them to the interests of the recipient. I might "borrow" your apple idea.

Divokittysmom 09-24-2011 09:53 AM

LOVE them...very creative!

MargeD 09-24-2011 10:03 AM

Those are great. I was thinking of making some for Christms stocking stuffers for DS, DDIL and DD. I might make 1 or 2 for DH, but I already made him some made out of old computer diskettes by glueing felt to both sides. They work well for absorbing moisture, although definitely more practical than pretty.