Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Muliple quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/muliple-quilts-t267518.html)

luvstoquilt 07-13-2015 05:54 AM

I work on several thins at a time and I make my own kits. When I find one I really want to make I go to my stash and pull out what I need and I put it together with the pattern. I make notes about anything I need to buy at my lqs. This helps me to concentrate on the quilt I am currently working on. I always have a handwork project in the works. I do a lot of appliqué especially in the evenings and I machine piece during the day. This is what works best for me.

Jeanne S 07-13-2015 06:02 AM

I usually have 2-4 in process at one time---one in cutting, one in piecing, one in quilting and one needing binding. I work on whichever one my mood fancies at the time.

LTeachergeorge 07-13-2015 06:03 AM

I also have Quilters ADD -- I don't know if I get the "prize" or not, but at last count, I had 64 quilts on my unfinished list. Any cutting out constitutes a UFO all the way to ready to gift. I think I have 4 that just need the binding.

Linda in Missouri

Lori S 07-13-2015 06:24 AM

I can't have more than one going at a time , or I would never finish any. I have trouble "going back", its way to easy to just keep moving to the next without finishing. Plus , growing up my Mom would never allow us to start anything new with out finishing what we started. If I even think about starting something new without having completed what I am working on I can still hear her "Did you finish the last one?" and adding "we don't cut any fabric in this house till the last project is done".

zennia 07-13-2015 06:40 AM

I use to be real good at starting a quilt then moving on to another one and never getting any of them finished. Lately I stick to finishing one before moving on. I do have one that I am quilting and one that needs some FMQ to do but otherwise I am good.
This does'nt stop me from buying the next&next&next projects though.

joe'smom 07-13-2015 07:22 AM

I have multiple quilts going on of necessity, because back problems prevent me from sitting long in any one chair. Having a piecing project always going allows me to alternate sitting chores with standing (pressing, cutting).

newbee3 07-13-2015 08:05 AM

yes I do usually have one I am working on like sewing together while I also planning the next one I might even start some cutting pieces out, while I take a break from sewing.

judy363905 07-13-2015 08:59 AM

Since I retired 6 years ago almost to this date..I do exactly what I want to do... Some days I just play in my sewing room. I really like labeling ... I put notes on flimsys as to binding and backing ideas ...also if extra fabric left over.. I know I am a "Leo " so I like neat and organized. I am on my way to see what I can get into this morning .. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

joyce888 07-13-2015 09:03 AM

The only thing I have multiplies of going at one time are BOM. Otherwise start to finish one at a time.

luvspaper 07-13-2015 09:14 AM

In the beginning, I did one at a time. Now I have (1) on the quilting machine (2) hexagon diamond paper piecing by hand (3) scrap dance monthly mystery quilt - machine piecing (4) wedding star - foundation machine piecing...

I do have one that is ready to be layered and onto quilting, but I only actually quilt one at a time (too much thread change otherwise)

then I have a few more "in my head"