Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My best friend the seam ripper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-best-friend-seam-ripper-t37034.html)

Candace 02-15-2010 08:08 PM

I don't know what's in the air. Or should I say what's wrong with me. The last 2 quilting projects I've done or am in the process of...I've used my seam ripper more than sewed! I don't know if my thoughts are jumbled, not paying attention, what, but I've made some pretty stupid errors lately! Grrrr...

Dora Taggart 02-15-2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
I don't know what's in the air. Or should I say what's wrong with me. The last 2 quilting projects I've done or am in the process of...I've used my seam ripper more than sewed! I don't know if my thoughts are jumbled, not paying attention, what, but I've made some pretty stupid errors lately! Grrrr...

I have days like that and I laugh and say well today I I guess I am sewing like a frog.... Rippppet,,,lol

sharon b 02-15-2010 08:20 PM

Must be in the air ! I am having a week like that :shock: Glad I am in good company :wink: LOL

Candace 02-15-2010 08:27 PM

One of my boo-boos is permanent! I'm not ripping out the whole quilt for something only I'll probably notice. Normally, I'm a perfectionist and will rip out the most minor things. This time, I've used the seam ripper so much over the last few weeks, I'm done!! Luckily, the person who this is going to will never notice. If I had to look at it every day, I'd go bonkers... but she'll love it.

zz-pd 02-15-2010 08:45 PM

I bet when I start quilting I will have some seam ripping day to. good luck

jetnica 02-15-2010 08:55 PM

I'm in that mode as well!

I have one top that I thought was finished, took a picture to start asking about longarm quilting - only to see that I have an entire row upside down!! I may sit down tonight and rip it apart in order to resew tomorrow...

BKinCO 02-15-2010 08:57 PM

Oh, honey..........the seam ripper and I have been siamese twins the last few days.....I feel for you!

Deb watkins 02-15-2010 08:59 PM

Went to Michigan this past week to do some quilting for my friends. Sewed a piece, ripped it out, sewed it again, made another mistake, ripped it out, ended up sewing 4 times ripped 3. MUST be something in the air. Saw another mistake when it was finally done, but I am the only one who sees it, so it stayed in.

Candace 02-15-2010 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Went to Michigan this past week to do some quilting for my friends. Sewed a piece, ripped it out, sewed it again, made another mistake, ripped it out, ended up sewing 4 times ripped 3. MUST be something in the air. Saw another mistake when it was finally done, but I am the only one who sees it, so it stayed in.

Glad I'm not the only one. I have good company it seems!

JanetM 02-15-2010 10:51 PM

I am so glad I am not the only one. One day I was just trying to join squares in a particular sequence. I had to rip out the seams THREE times, because I kept making the same mistake. Makes me wonder if someone was trying to tell me it wasn't a good day for me to sew.