Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My dear Bernina - INJURED!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-dear-bernina-injured-t151065.html)

Yooper32 09-08-2011 03:07 AM

Oh, heartbreak! Nice that you can get a new one, but still, that hurts.

baglady65 09-08-2011 03:18 AM

I have 2 Berninas and love both of them! I have that big 830 and my repair guy tells me all the time how to transport it. I do have a tutu bag too. I have read on a few message boards that I need to get some padding for it so don't mess up the screen and nobs. I have not only take in the car only for service and some learner classes I will take my 200E for classes! I think Berninas are heavy too!

Tinabodina 09-08-2011 03:36 AM

Sounds to me like a 2 edge sword. Congrats are in order of course, but I can not imagine loosing my Bernina I love so much!

Lynette-Merlin 09-08-2011 03:37 AM

I have an old Bernina which I am devoted to, and its set into a cupboard if you know what I mean. Although I can just lift it out I don't take it to classes or anywhere else because of the weight. So I have a small Janome that I can fit into my 'box on wheels' bought at Hampton Court Flower Show (UK). This will also accommodate my bag with material/thread/etc. It works for me!

jeanneb52 09-08-2011 03:42 AM

Poor baby. I feel your pain.

Pieces2 09-08-2011 03:46 AM

Sorry to hear about your dear Bernina, I hope I never see my Berninas injured. Sure hope she can be fixed.
They are like the Energizer bunny, they just keep going and going.
:thumbup:

baglady65 09-08-2011 03:51 AM

Also I heard about a lady had her 830 wrapped in a seat belt and got into a accident and it went forward and cracked the screen and broke the nobs off! I was be very upset with that! Repair guy told me that the screen always get faced to the back so that don't happen! So learn something every day!

Grama Chris 09-08-2011 03:59 AM

OMG, what a story I feel for you. I have a Bernina 450 that is attached to me all the time if you know what I mean. It is my right hand person & no one touches it unless necessary. I had an extra one that I took to Church as we do "Project Linus" & 'World Relief' quilts & in the mean time my grandkids needed to use mine which was ok BUT, now, someone had donated us a machine for Church & my extra is back home for the GK's to use now. They can take away my TV but not the machines. I also have 2 Bernina sergers & love them, so FAST & QUICK for other projects.

I went to Wal-Mart & bought an inexpensive traveling piece of luggage (pink, of course) that you pull behind & put my Bernina in this (- the top cover that comes with it) so much easy to handle when you go some where & not having to lift it. My friends love this idea so they all bought luggage to. :) :thumbup:

primitivequilter 09-08-2011 04:10 AM

I completely understand your situation. My sister and I were traveling in Lancaster, PA and there were no elevators in our lodging so another guest offered to assist my sister and you know the rest of the story . . . Fortunately the machine did work during our vacation. The repairs were around $150.00. I keep my 1230 in my laundry room so I don't have far to carry it to the car for classes. My newer 440 lives in my upstairs sewing room.

I am a very loyal Atlanta Sewing Center customer also. I have always had excellent service and advise. I love my Berninas!!

Good Luck from a fellow GA quilter.

mar32428 09-08-2011 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by running1
As Sandra-P said... our machines ARE a part of us!! so sorry this happened... hope it can be fixed... the thought of TWO Berninas is just dreamy! I still have my original 830 Record... college grad gift from parents and love it... despite the weight...

Would love to have a light-weight machine for on-the-go...

I got the Janome Gem for that reason and then inherited my Featherweight. I take them both to classes etc. cause some girls are in the same boat.....too heavy machines.