Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   my DH says Ive turned into a monster... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-dh-says-ive-turned-into-monster-t195383.html)

MimiBug123 07-23-2012 06:33 AM

If it's a disease, then I am afraid it's one of epidemic proportions! We all have it and don't want to be cured. Sounds like you have really gotten a bad case in a few months, so you must have some new strain that works fast. LOL! Enjoy and just don't listen to the whiners. Works around here!

BuzzinBumble 07-23-2012 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by DawnA (Post 5385097)
I got a sewing machine for Mother's Day...and then it began. lol I have started quilting and lets say it has turned into an obsession. I can admit that...not sure about the monster part. I lay in bed and design whole quilts, tote bags, table runner, ect. So is this normal? I used to enjoy reading, watching tv but now all I want to do is quilt. I love it so :)

LOL - your asking the right crowd if you want a positive answer Dawn! Yup! You are "normal" - at least here on the QB! Isn't it wonderful to have a productive and rewarding passion like quilting?! TV viewing is something i only do now with family nights.

You must be laughing at all your witty answers - the people here are a bundle of fun!

katesnanna 07-23-2012 06:55 AM

Hey!! Welcome to the happiest club there is. Don't worry, DH will learn eventually. I have woken in the night to get up and draw an idea so I don't forget it. If I doodle these days it is a pattern or a block. Quilting makes me happier than most things except GKids so I don't see anything wrong with what I do.
BTW The only place housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary. Enjoy every minute that you quilt.

quiltmom04 07-23-2012 06:56 AM

Perfectly normal! I just can't get enough! There ar dust bunnies blowing across the floor, and whole bunches of stuff that needs to be cleaned, but I just keep sewing and sewing! I figure in 50 years, no one will care whether my house was clean, but hopefully all the quilts I've made will turn up somewhere!

Pat G 07-23-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by DawnA (Post 5385097)
I got a sewing machine for Mother's Day...and then it began. lol I have started quilting and lets say it has turned into an obsession. I can admit that...not sure about the monster part. I lay in bed and design whole quilts, tote bags, table runner, ect. So is this normal? I used to enjoy reading, watching tv but now all I want to do is quilt. I love it so :)

Hey, it keeps us off the streets & out of the bars. LOL. It's a very clean, productive, creative obsession so just let him know how lucky he is to have you.

Prissnboot 07-23-2012 08:55 AM

I must admit that ...well, let's say during a time that fabric should have been the furthest thing from my mind, I got excited when I realized I could find a particular pattern at a particular store. My husband still won't let me live that one down - it's now a running joke.

ellifour 07-23-2012 11:48 AM

my way of thinking too! why not do something we love in those hours,

sylviasmom 07-23-2012 12:57 PM

If I wasn't into quilting, I would be at the bingo hall. And I would hate that because I never win at bingo. At least with quilting, you have something to show for the money spent. Something pretty and useful.

RedGarnet222 07-23-2012 01:03 PM

Don't worry, the monster part will drop off of the joke the first time you make HIM a quilt. LOL!

Of all of the bad habits some women have this one is at least a home body loving thing to have. Just how many pairs of shoes and purses can you wear?

QultingaddictUK 07-23-2012 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think this says it all, welcome to my world!