Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Friday Good Will find.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-friday-good-will-find-t96799.html)

ga447 02-05-2011 10:55 AM

You scored, it is so much fun and you cannot go wrong with the price. I have two bags of fabric in my next to do list from goodwill to go through. I have to finish the fabric I got from a person who donated tons of clown fabric first.

Feathers 02-05-2011 11:08 AM

How fun! I do like your ideas for the use of the fabric. It sounds like the fabric is very, very light weight. Might make great potpourri (spelled wrong for sure) bags for a quilt retreat "pillow gift" or a church ladies luncheon table favor. Lucky you. I love finding deals like that. My big find this week was digging my husband's deceased wife's Featherweight 221 from underneath our stairwell storage area. It's been buried there since before she died in 1984. I Took it to town for a tune-up and a once over and now I have a brand new 1954 FW that looks just like brand new. Spent $76 for the tune up and needed parts and cord PLUS, I was able to get a WALKING FOOT for it! I'm a happy storage room sleuth!!!! :lol: :-P ;) :thumbup:

Feathers 02-05-2011 11:08 AM

Sorry I got this on the board twice????

How fun. I do like your ideas for the use of the fabric. It sounds like the fabric is very, very light weight. Might make great potpourri (spelled wrong for sure) bags for a quilt retreat "pillow gift" or a church ladies luncheon table fabor. Lucky you. I love finding deals like that. My big find this week was digging my husband's deceased wife's Featherweight 221 from underneath our stairwell storage area. Took it to town for a tune-up and a once over and now I have a brand new 1954 FW that looks just like brand new. Spent $76 for the tune up and needed parts and cord PLUS, I was able to get a WALKING FOOT for it! I'm a happy storage room sleuth!!!! :lol: :-P ;) :thumbup:

Plain Jane 02-05-2011 11:34 AM

Don't you love finding a bargain? Enjoy!

wordpaintervs 02-05-2011 11:48 AM

You are so lucky. I am going to keep my eyes open for buys like that. That is just the right depth (13 inches) for my dolls for sick kids.

If you never use it, I'd love to have it and I'd pay the postage and $1.50 for your cost. It is gorgeous.

Just kidding about sending it, as I'm sure you will be using it, but it is gorgeous, and perfect for Valentines day or something similar.

congratulations

wordpaintervs 02-05-2011 11:49 AM

SORRY. I ALSO GOT THIS ON TWICE.You are so lucky. I am going to keep my eyes open for buys like that. That is just the right depth (13 inches) for my dolls for sick kids.

If you never use it, I'd love to have it and I'd pay the postage and $1.50 for your cost. It is gorgeous.

Just kidding about sending it, as I'm sure you will be using it, but it is gorgeous, and perfect for Valentines day or something similar.

congratulations

Scrap Happy 02-05-2011 12:11 PM

Congrats on a great find!! Have fun with your new fabric :thumbup:

pgthom 02-05-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
the smallest things - can make the biggest difference, I love "treasure hunting" - :D

It will be great to use for Valentine's Day bags for my duaghter's class.. Just run a seam up each side and tie a ribbon on them, let her make a little note for each one and put a pencil inside

I can also use it as wrapping paper instead of using white tissue :) so many uses...

I've never seen any that is 13" wide.. it makes me wonder what it was originally made for

At first I thought the 13" was a typo...you know, 31" transposed. But after I read your second post....made me wonder the same thing. I have never seen fabric that narrow. Hmmmm.......wonder what it was made for?

Scrap Happy 02-05-2011 01:02 PM

You just reminded me of an article I saw about wrapping gifts (it was for paper but you could use fabric instead.) You could use it as ribbon on a big package or cut it smaller for smaller packages - and it's reusable ribbon :)

costumegirl 02-05-2011 01:13 PM

Lucky you!!! Great find!!!