Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My GREAT Yard Sale, FW and Table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-great-yard-sale-fw-table-t186845.html)

didi 04-22-2012 04:43 AM

My GREAT Yard Sale, FW and Table

Went to a yard sale, Sat.. walked up and there was a featherweight and the card table, plus the case. I ask how much she wanted for it..Lady next to me said I just bought it. I had to ask for how much......oh no, $15.00 for all of it....my heart dropped. Walked around for awhile looking, listening to the ladies, her asking about prices and then asking husband if it was O.K. to buy....Well, I stuck my neck out and asked the husband if he wanted to make a pofit on the sewing machine and table...whispering very low...he said yes, my heart pounding....said I would offer $50.00....he accepted, ask me to meet him at the grocery store parking lot....down I went to the lot, waiting, waiting, waiting....Oh no he's not coming..then here comes the van...we exchange money and items. Here's the funny part.."he says they sure did mess up that card table, I would have liked that but I guess I would have had to glue that piece, for it to work". Did I do the right thing, I did save the FW table from being glued..Oh the machine works, has a white cord and the light toggle is broked, but that can be fixed and the table is in good shape she was born in 1950..will try to post pictures later. I wanted the table for my FW, will give the FW to my sister.

#1piecemaker 04-22-2012 04:47 AM

I don't know that much about a FW. But, I'd say you did pretty good! :thumbup:

Stitchnripper 04-22-2012 04:53 AM

I think you did great!!!! I guess the wife wasn't all that interested in it after all.

Jackie Spencer 04-22-2012 04:55 AM

You did great! A good FW is worth its weight in gold. How come I never find deals like that? LOL

erstan947 04-22-2012 04:56 AM

I paid $300 for my FW and no case nor table. You saved your FW and table a fate worse than death. Good Save!

sewbizgirl 04-22-2012 05:17 AM

I don't understand... did you go behind the wife's back and make a deal with the husband? I wouldn't feel right about this unless the wife was on board with the re-sale. I would have asked her, since she's the one who bought it.

GingerK 04-22-2012 05:21 AM

So, this morning, while you were listening to the local news, were there any reported incidents of a wife doing-in her husband over a FW and table? Yes, you got a good deal but I do think it was a bit underhanded.

mighty 04-22-2012 05:28 AM

Oh my gosh, what a great find!! Congrats!!!!

Gramie bj 04-22-2012 06:46 AM

yes you got a great deal, but what about the wife? I bet she thought she was getting even a better deal, I may have aproched the wife but not the husband, he may not have known about the table or machine but wife may have. I would feel so guilty I couldn't even use the machine without feeling bad for the wife.

Dandish 04-22-2012 07:08 AM

What? I really hope I'm missing something! Did the husband sell you the machine/table without his wife knowing/agreeing? I'll reserve comment until I'm sure I understand...