Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My machine is broken! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-machine-broken-t265400.html)

Mornigstar 05-21-2015 06:44 PM

Hope you come back and give report on problem and cost when it is working .

mic-pa 05-22-2015 02:45 AM

three Janomes in this house. Never want to be without a machine to sew on

mulberryellie 05-22-2015 04:45 AM

I love this organization. I dream of being like this.

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven (Post 7201444)
You mean I wasn't suppose to buy these 12 vintage machines plus 3 newer (not nearly as expensive as most of you great quilters) Singers and Elna???? The 12 vintage Singers are always at the ready because when I finish a project with any one of them, it is oiled, lubricated, cleaned, new needle put in and covered with a breathable cloth. One of them has been converted to a handcrank and when we had a power outage.....went to candles, a cup of tea and that precious Singer!!!! Now, I do rotate them so that no "one" gets upset.

Maire 05-22-2015 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid (Post 7201284)
hahaha....I have 12 backups! I'm set. I have a friend who has over 40, but she will never have to replace a motherboard or chip--they're all treadles or cranks.

You can't have enough backups! also need extra when friends or relatives visit and want to sew, that actually happens fairly often, and of course for granddaughters. And a treadle or handcrank for when power out. That's my story & sticking to it, works well whenever a stray motherless machine has followed me home.

Maire 05-22-2015 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by meyert (Post 7202472)
When I took the machine in it was actually only a $10 fuse... whew!! I ended up buying a 2nd machine while I was there so they didn't even charge me for the fuse.

That is the perfect way to bargain! My kind of thinking! LOL
I tell my husband whenever I don't buy a machine, that by not buying I saved $$, so when I do buy one I get to use that credit-LOL
Maire

shasta5718 05-22-2015 07:39 AM

I reccomend that you pick up an oder used machine for a backup, I found out the hard way once at Halloween.

sdeaaz 05-22-2015 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 (Post 7201125)
Last two times I sewed my machine shut off in the middle of sewing. Called the store and they said it might be a loose connection or a circuit board gone bad. Can't get it there until next week. So, I'll be without a machine for about 2 weeks! :(

might be a good time to start a whole cloth, or some hexi's or if you have a UFO try some hand quilting... or tying... I would go nuts without my machine.... I have a couple back ups... wish I could share with you. Good luck.

snel001 05-22-2015 01:03 PM

I have heard that one should start and finish sewing a project on the same machine due to the variance in the 1/4 inch seam allowance from different presser feet. Has this been an issue for anyone?