Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My quilt guild's challenge quilt 2009 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-quilt-guilds-challenge-quilt-2009-a-t16807.html)

barbsbus 02-21-2009 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My quilt guild is having their quilt show in May and members were asked to purchase a fat quarter of the challenge material to make a wall hanging using the theme of the show 'Trail of Quilts' and we were to use the material in some part of the wall hanging. I thought the material was butt ugly and decided the flowers would work in a country scene. So this is what I did. I actually glued the flowers over embrodered leaves and stems, they were too little to applique. I may add some pieces of material that look like discarded quilts on the roadside. I have two more days to decide what I am going to do as our meeting is Monday night. We are planning on using old household items as props when we hang the quilts for the show so maybe I should try and find some appropriate material in my stash for the quilts.

Jim's Gem 02-21-2009 09:22 PM

Nice quilt, I love your little flowers. Discarded quilt on the side would be a nice touch.

gcathie 02-21-2009 09:24 PM

Love them little posies!....:-)

Izy 02-22-2009 12:16 AM

Barb, I would make a tiny mini quilt, then attach it for a 3D effect.... :D

tlrnhi 02-22-2009 01:01 AM

That's adorable! I love, LOVE, LOVE that blue flower fabric you have there? Any chance you have any more or can get some? It would go awesome with the blue and yellow quilt I am stashing for.
Lemme know!! PA-LEEZE?????

Celeste 02-22-2009 02:13 AM

I love how you used just the tiniest bit to accomplish the challenge!

I also love what you made!

crispyquilts 02-22-2009 04:35 AM

I love how you solved your problem with the fabric. Guild challenges really can be challenging....makes you wonder "what the heck they were drinking LOL".

Our guild does a challenge for the christmas meeting, this year the fat quarter that was handed out looked like a pale wood grain of some sort, not christmasy at all. It took me a while to figure out that the gal who chaired this year, works in a shop that must have bought too much of this fabric for the Thimbleberries BOM and she was trying to get brownie points from her boss.....only explanation that I could come up with. Needless to say hardly anyone came with a challenge project.

Quilting Aggi 02-22-2009 04:36 AM

That is such a sweet little quilt!! The fabric works perfect for those flowers on the side of the road

rismstress 02-22-2009 04:52 AM

I'd also add one or two "quilts" hanging out the back of the wagon- so it looks like there is alot of them and they fell out. Your idea is great.
Cheryl

quiltwoman 02-22-2009 05:20 AM

That's a tough piece of fabric for your theme. It almost lends itself to a tropical feel. I think you did a great job. I agree w/ the 3d quilt for effect.

Please show us some of the others--I love to see what wonderful things people come up with.