Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My quilt guild's challenge quilt 2009

My quilt guild is having their quilt show in May and members were asked to purchase a fat quarter of the challenge material to make a wall hanging using the theme of the show 'Trail of Quilts' and we were to use the material in some part of the wall hanging. I thought the material was butt ugly and decided the flowers would work in a country scene. So this is what I did. I actually glued the flowers over embrodered leaves and stems, they were too little to applique. I may add some pieces of material that look like discarded quilts on the roadside. I have two more days to decide what I am going to do as our meeting is Monday night. We are planning on using old household items as props when we hang the quilts for the show so maybe I should try and find some appropriate material in my stash for the quilts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice quilt, I love your little flowers. Discarded quilt on the side would be a nice touch.

Love them little posies!....:-)

Izy
    Barb, I would make a tiny mini quilt, then attach it for a 3D effect.... :D

That's adorable! I love, LOVE, LOVE that blue flower fabric you have there? Any chance you have any more or can get some? It would go awesome with the blue and yellow quilt I am stashing for.
    Lemme know!! PA-LEEZE?????

Blog Entries
    I love how you used just the tiniest bit to accomplish the challenge!

I also love what you made!

I love how you solved your problem with the fabric. Guild challenges really can be challenging....makes you wonder "what the heck they were drinking LOL".

Our guild does a challenge for the christmas meeting, this year the fat quarter that was handed out looked like a pale wood grain of some sort, not christmasy at all. It took me a while to figure out that the gal who chaired this year, works in a shop that must have bought too much of this fabric for the Thimbleberries BOM and she was trying to get brownie points from her boss.....only explanation that I could come up with. Needless to say hardly anyone came with a challenge project.

That is such a sweet little quilt!! The fabric works perfect for those flowers on the side of the road

I'd also add one or two "quilts" hanging out the back of the wagon- so it looks like there is alot of them and they fell out. Your idea is great.
    Cheryl

That's a tough piece of fabric for your theme. It almost lends itself to a tropical feel. I think you did a great job. I agree w/ the 3d quilt for effect.

Please show us some of the others--I love to see what wonderful things people come up with.

That's so cute! I think you did a great job!

[quote=tlrnhi]That's adorable! I love, LOVE, LOVE that blue flower fabric you have there? Any chance you have any more or can get some? It would go awesome with the blue and yello

I will put it in the mail on Monday. I ironed on an adhesive backing that comes off easily, thinking I could just iron the flowers onto the quilt but they were too small to stay stuck, so I glued them on and the adhesive backing came off with the wet glue.

Quote Originally Posted by rismstress
    I'd also add one or two "quilts" hanging out the back of the wagon- so it looks like there is alot of them and they fell out. Your idea is great.
    Cheryl
    I was thinking either that, or a couple patches on the wagon's canvas top.

Thanks you all you gals I decided to add some more embellishments to the wall hanging.

Added some quilts that fell out of wagon
    Name:  Attachment-21677.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  49.7 KB

Close up of fallen quilts
    Name:  Attachment-25187.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  50.9 KB

yes, very good.
    Cheryl

I really like the challenge fabric, but I don't know how I would have used in with that theme! You done good! :lol:
    I like the embellishments. :lol:

[quote=barbsbus]
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    That's adorable! I love, LOVE, LOVE that blue flower fabric you have there? Any chance you have any more or can get some? It would go awesome with the blue and yello

I will put it in the mail on Monday. I ironed on an adhesive backing that comes off easily, thinking I could just iron the flowers onto the quilt but they were too small to stay stuck, so I glued them on and the adhesive backing came off with the wet glue.
    Awww....thank you!
    I will glady send you something for payment in return!

[quote=tlrnhi]
    Quote Originally Posted by barbsbus
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    That's adorable! I love, LOVE, LOVE that blue flower fabric you have there? Any chance you have any more or can get some? It would go awesome with the blue and yello

Awww....thank you!
    I will glady send you something for payment in return!

You don't have to send me something back. I am glad you might be able to use the scrapes, as that is all they are. I was able to pull the backing off the maerial, guess I didn't iron it on very well.

So cute. Love your idea to use the flowers. They worked out great.