Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-splurge-joanns-alittle-disappointing-t44206.html)

granniebj 04-28-2010 09:54 AM

Normally I love it there! This time all the fabric I fell in love with was wayyyy out of my budget. I'm forced to get the lower priced fabric and there sure isn't much of that left! I came away with very little, but all the money my daughter gave me gone!
Then to top it off....I met a rude quilter! Thats a first for me! She was in front of me at the cutting line. We both had bolts of red white and blue. Not the same fabric but in the same color wheel. I said something like "hey must be a red, white and blue day" or something equally witty....she just stuck her nose up in the air...the clerk said "are you making a quilt?" She actually said "Just do your job!" Omg! The poor clerk actually turned red! Some people!

Quilter7x 04-28-2010 09:57 AM

WOW, that was a rude quilter. You sure don't see them very often.

I wish you had a better day at Jo Ann's, you were really looking forward to it. Since you spent all the money, at least you came home with something good. Do share! :D

amma 04-28-2010 09:57 AM

Whoa :shock: I don't think I have ever met a rude quilter before :(
Sorry your trip was so disappointing....

Candace 04-28-2010 09:59 AM

I ran into someone like her yesterday. She was a driver though, and had MAJOR road rage issues. She scared me half-to death and I was very close to dialing 911. She was yelling at me out of her window and pointing, riding my bumper for miles etc. And this was a parent from my local high school as we were dropping off our kids!! Great example she made.

You just have to accept that there are some very angry and bitter people out in the world. I try to feel pity and sorry for them, rather than let it get to me. Some folks really need to change their lives because the current one is NOT working for them!

sharon b 04-28-2010 10:03 AM

Maybe she wasn't a quilter :wink: Lets hope anyways, one like that can give the rest of us a bad name :shock:

Sorry your trip wasn't all you wanted .Where are the pics ?? LOL

Janetlmt 04-28-2010 10:46 AM

I can't keep my mouth shut...in an instant like that I would have had a sarcastic remark. I can't tolerate rude people. I don't think I ever ran into a quilter that acted like that. She obviously has a problem.
Last week Joann's had all their calicos on sale..40% off..I stocked up to make chemo caps for the local cancer center.
So sorry your trip was a disappointment.
Blessings

ann clare 04-28-2010 10:56 AM

Maybe she was buying for a quilter. I always find quilters extremly nice.

shequilts 04-28-2010 11:06 AM

'Just have to add my two cents worth here. There are no rude quilters. Quilters quilt to change their attitudes, and it works! We're all wonderful, mild mannered fabric fondlers.
I suspect the lady (sic) you encountered had been dispatched to run an errand she didn't want to do, so she let her hateful nature show. Bully for you for being a lady and letting it go. As I said before...Quilters quilt to change their attitudes so she can't be a quilter!

P.S.
'Sorry your shopping expedition was a dissappointment, but share with us anyway. We love to see new toys!

Maggiesmom 04-28-2010 11:07 AM

Didn't sound like a real quilter to me.

Darlene 04-28-2010 11:20 AM

She was a meanie not a nice person at all.