Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Take on the Ten Minute Tiles Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-take-ten-minute-tiles-quilt-t118218.html)

Pete 04-24-2011 12:03 PM

Beautiful --- just the color my great niece wanted in hers! Thanks for idea.

insgal62 04-24-2011 12:53 PM

Very cool looking quilt. I love the design a lot!!

jojosnana 04-24-2011 01:03 PM

It is so cute. I love it. I have to say I have never used a one inch border but I really like the way it looks. Hope you don't mind, it is now on my list to try.

mzmama 04-24-2011 01:34 PM

The fabrics you chose were amazing

TownQuilter 04-24-2011 03:00 PM

Ireally like the block. The colors are great

Rexene 04-24-2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by jojosnana
It is so cute. I love it. I have to say I have never used a one inch border but I really like the way it looks. Hope you don't mind, it is now on my list to try.

Absolutely not! Depending on the design, I think the one inch borders can really set off a quilt.

Rexene 04-24-2011 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
This is a pattern on Clotide. However, I wouldn't applique the square on, I would make triangles to fit where the square is, sew each triangle to the inner corner of each triangle, flip the piece over and cut off the portion of the rectangle that the triangle covers for all four inner rectangle quarters, then sew together. Be sure you allow 1/4 inch seam allowance or your block will shrink 1/2 inch on all four sides.

Use the same technique that you would a Bow Tie block.

There is nothing like making a quilt and starting another at the same time using the triangles you cut off the rectangle.

The appliqued square is one thing I like about this pattern and it gives it some dimension. I used a blanket stitch on my machine to do the applique. You could also use a decorative stitch; however, none of these fit the modern look of the fabric.

Rexene 04-24-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Brandi
Love it. It looks so easy. What size are the squares and rectangles and the sashing?

The rectangles are 5.5" x 10.5". The squares are 4.5" x 4.5" These are cut measurements. The sashing is 2" wide. You will be cutting two of the rectangle/square blocks in half and sewing a 1 1/4" strip of sashing to one end (the end with the half square), making sure you are placing the smaller sashing on the outside edge. This causes every other row to be off set. The pattern goes into how to cut the pieces to avoid wasting fabric. I have 13 full blocks and 4 half blocks. Finished size is 70" x 80" Again, the name of this pattern is Ten Minute Tiles by Mary Lou Hallenbeck.

Nettie Phillips 04-24-2011 04:57 PM

I don't think I have seen this pattern before but I like it. Yours is
pretty and love the fabric.

SusanW 04-24-2011 05:08 PM

I really like it - your fabric colors are perfect for this pattern.