Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   my thrift shop find (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-thrift-shop-find-t179817.html)

kiffie2413 02-19-2012 03:45 PM

Good for you on your find!
Kif

Sandynorm 02-19-2012 03:53 PM

I have a new home/janome, not as fancy as yours. My mom and i both bought them (yes, 2 of them) from a local quilt shop in the early 90's. I now have both of them, both purr like a kitten. I have loaned one to my DDIL as she had an elcheapo that did not sew right, she could not believe the difference it made sewing on a good machine. My local AJanome dealer has helped me out with different parts and pieces over the years. They do not make them like that any more.

OHSue 02-19-2012 05:05 PM

That pink bobbin is a new item from Janome, so the machine was used recently and if so it must be in pretty good shape. Looks like new to me.

mountain deb 02-19-2012 05:38 PM

Don't you just love finding little gems like this?

butterflywing 02-19-2012 05:58 PM

thrift store find

the name was changed to ms 3015. i do remember reading somewhere that it was a limited edition. so that would tie in with what jacquie said. all the memory craft and janome feet will fit and the manuals are available online.

smiley 02-20-2012 03:31 AM

Don't bother looking at Sears. Find a Janome dealer they should beable to help. It will use Janome feet. Go to Janome.com and dealer locator, put in your zip code and they will give you names near you. Good luck, very nice machine!!

MrsBoats 02-20-2012 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by OHSue (Post 4989772)
That pink bobbin is a new item from Janome, so the machine was used recently and if so it must be in pretty good shape. Looks like new to me.

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. It was a plain clear plastic bobbin with pink thread in it. But I can totally see a limited-run pink bobbin come out some October! That would be kinda cool!

Originally Posted by smiley (Post 4990586)
Don't bother looking at Sears. Find a Janome dealer they should beable to help. It will use Janome feet. Go to Janome.com and dealer locator, put in your zip code and they will give you names near you. Good luck, very nice machine!!

Good thought-turns out the LQS I drive past once a week is a Janome dealer. I'll drop in when I go past them tomorrow.

Grannyh67 02-20-2012 06:17 AM

That is so pretty, it also is a good machine. Call a Janome Dealer, they will be able to help you. New Home is a good machine, Joy

CharlottsQuilts 02-20-2012 06:22 AM

Wow, it looks really good. I have a 20+ Janome (it doesn't say New Home on it), and it is still going strong. It is the only machine I have, so I do a lot of sewing on it. I would say if you can get to a Janome dealer you could find instructions, attachments, and maybe some lessons on how to thread it etc. Good luck with it!

hoppa 02-20-2012 07:27 AM

great find and all he best with her