Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My very first online fabric purchase (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-very-first-online-fabric-purchase-t15742.html)

Memalinda 01-29-2009 07:21 AM

Love the fabrics, I agree with skeat on the colors to be added.
Happy Quilting

Memalinda 01-29-2009 07:23 AM

Oh that Dalia quilt is really beautiful. would look great in blue and yellow.
Happy Quilting

Memalinda 01-29-2009 07:25 AM

The color of the walls in your quest room look like the same color I painted my new sewing room. I like the touch of blak in your room.
Really beautiful room.

mochasue 01-29-2009 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I am no help to you, but I LOVE that cat picture you have on the wall!

me too.

My husband would probably throw a pillow at it every morning!

mochasue 01-29-2009 09:57 AM

I'm going to make a picture to hang on my wall with my cat in it just like the one in your room. I just love that picture!

Marcia 01-29-2009 12:20 PM

Pam, your fabrics are beautiful and I so not think the 4 patch pattern is too plain and simple for them. In fact I think you should pick the one you like best--or another one in the line--and buy yardage for the border. It does not matter if the quilt "goes" in any of the rooms in your house. All quilts "go". Sometimes we just make one because we like the fabric or the pattern speaks to us. I think whatever you do it will be wonderful.

By the way, your guest bedroom is gorgeous and I love the chair rail and molding. You have inspired me to take my guest room to the next level!!

littlehud 01-29-2009 06:41 PM

I can see why that fabric called you. It's really beautiful.

pittsburgpam 01-31-2009 09:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
That's my other hobby, decorating. I think it's an extension of a love of fabrics and colors and how they go together to make something pleasing to the eye. Now that I think about it, it comes together in much the same way. In quilting I might see one particular fabric and then build around it. In decorating I might see a particular furniture piece or accessory and get ideas about incorporating it.

For that guest bedroom it started with the paint. It was supposed to be beige but when I put it on the wall it was very yellow. Ok, I'll go with yellow but I didn't want pastels so I thought... black and white. I kept an eye out for anything in black and white when I was in stores and I would pick up a piece here and there. I got the black with polka dots and the striped fabric and made the bolster pillows. I saw the chair at a furniture store for $50 with a yucky pickled finish and painted it white, used the polka dot fabric to re-cover the seat. I wanted a black headboard and couldn't find one I was willing to pay the high price for so I made one out of wood I had and painted it. I found the yellow and grey floral fabric and made the square pillows.

I bought the cat picture online. The champagne poster is from Michael's and the ones above the bed was a poster that I cut in half, framed each half, and hung side-by-side instead of verticle. I had all the frames from old pictures and painted them black.

I did all of the chair rail and panel moulding (I have power tools and know how to use them) myself and framed the window.

Mplsgirl 01-31-2009 11:37 AM

Beautiful room!

JUNEC 02-02-2010 10:14 AM

Love your fabrics. What did you decide to make with them