Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Wal-Mart fabric dept is... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-wal-mart-fabric-dept-t187223.html)

grammyBev 04-29-2012 05:48 AM

KathyPhillips post,
Our Walmart has NO fabric. Just a craft dept. with some thread and needles. There is only one place on The Island to buy fabric, Robyn Pandolph's Design Studio. Some Walmarts are adding fabric, but ours shows no signs of adding it. I would like to be able to buy a 100% cotton solid or another 100% cotton fabric to complete a sewing project, without having to drive to the mainland to purchase at a LQS, Hancock, Hobby Lobby, Joann's or another Walmart. We have a Quilt Guild on The Island and lots of people that sew. I will send an email to Corporate to see if that does any good.

my response to Kathy ,
Kathy phillips get everyone in your Guild and thier families to contact walmart (e-mail ,Telephone ,letters ) Whatever it takes .Make sure you get alot of people .

I don't know how to put their post in and then my respose,so i just copied and paste .

kelsunshine 04-29-2012 11:04 AM

grammyBev
I don't know how to put their post in and then my respose,so i just copied and paste .[/QUOTE]

Instead of clicking Reply to Thread click on Reply With Quote underneath the post you want to quote.

Karo 05-01-2012 11:24 AM

I recently visited in Virginia, on the way home (Route 23) I stopped in Norton and checked out the WalMart fabric department...it was GREAT!! I commented to a clerk how nice it is and she said they are getting fabrics in almost daily....

Pennydrop321 05-01-2012 11:32 AM

Our Walmart doesn't carry Fabric which is disappointing because i've heard of the great deals people get.

fallonquilter 05-01-2012 06:42 PM

I live in Fallon, Nevada and our Wal Mart is just now rearranging the fabric department. It's wonderful. We all love the way the fabric is displayed- so easy to see now. And lots of NICE stuff coming in at 6-8.00 a yd. Great selection. How fun. There goes my budget :)

roadrunr 05-16-2012 06:10 AM

The new store in McHenry has fabrics, but it looks like they redid it. The cutting table is way too small and the department itself is somewhat crowded and now there is a lot of clearance fabrics in the aisle. I just wish they would put the fabric department back in the corner where it was in the old store.

joanelizbay 05-16-2012 08:09 AM

How many people are on this board? I wonder if we couldnt all sign a petition to send to the CEO'S in Bentonville concerning fabric in ALL the Wal Mart stores? Ours just has the cheap pre-cut 1 or 2 yard fabrics that are so thin they arent worth buying. Ive been to Columbia Mo and they have a fabric department but its so crowded they have just jammed the fabric anywhere they can find room and the Electronics guys have to come over to cut anything you want! I agree, I want the OLD fabric section in the back of the store with wonderful fabric!!