Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   National Sewing Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/national-sewing-month-t2266.html)

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-14-2007 12:07 PM

If I can get the 2 year old to go outside with Daddy for a while, we are going to give it a go! I haven't told her, yet.

Minda 09-14-2007 02:32 PM

My granddaughter learned on my Janome 6500 when she was 5. She is now 8 and does everything herself, including the rotary cutting (with a Klutz glove and adult supervision.) She recently f******d a very nice doll quilt and is ready to start a new project.

Boo 09-15-2007 09:16 AM

Just a note on the subject of National Sewing Month. September may be National Sewing Month, but March is National Quilting Month. I think that means we have 2 months. You all with me on this?????? LOL More is better if ya ask me!

live2teach 09-15-2007 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Boo
Just a note on the subject of National Sewing Month. September may be National Sewing Month, but March is National Quilting Month. I think that means we have 2 months. You all with me on this?????? LOL More is better if ya ask me!

Boo, I second that! LOL. I can't wait for March!

vicki reno 09-18-2007 05:11 AM

I decide that I had done enough projects for everyone else and since this was Nat'l Sewing month decided to complete a UFO that has been in the closet for over 8 years. It is a wall hanging that is made up of 2 pieces of fabric scraps from a lady who worked at a bed spread factory. Its the sunshine and shadows pattern. One side is a swirly abstract print with gold thread in it and the other is a polished cotton in black. This may be a bit heavy for a big quilt but they are fine for this little wall quilt. It looked awful too! I couldn't believe that I did it! I started off by ripping off the 2 borders and squaring it up. Added a strip of a gold oriental print and a nice red from Moda's "tis the Season" I got the new borders on last night and spray basted it this morning. Hope to have a picture of it by this weekend. I just decided that it was my turn. I still have lots of projects for others that need atention, but am taking a break from all that and giving myself a present.

Now I am off my soap box and back to work work. If you know what I mean--the kind other people pay you to do.

live2teach 09-18-2007 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by vicki reno
I decide that I had done enough projects for everyone else and since this was Nat'l Sewing month decided to complete a UFO that has been in the closet for over 8 years. It is a wall hanging that is made up of 2 pieces of fabric scraps from a lady who worked at a bed spread factory. Its the sunshine and shadows pattern. One side is a swirly abstract print with gold thread in it and the other is a polished cotton in black. This may be a bit heavy for a big quilt but they are fine for this little wall quilt. It looked awful too! I couldn't believe that I did it! I started off by ripping off the 2 borders and squaring it up. Added a strip of a gold oriental print and a nice red from Moda's "tis the Season" I got the new borders on last night and spray basted it this morning. Hope to have a picture of it by this weekend. I just decided that it was my turn. I still have lots of projects for others that need atention, but am taking a break from all that and giving myself a present.

Now I am off my soap box and back to work work. If you know what I mean--the kind other people pay you to do.

Great! You should take this time for yourself. You could definitely use a break as hard as you work! I can't wait to see the wallhanging.

vicki reno 09-18-2007 06:30 AM

Thanks! Well as I said the points don't all point but because of the colors it doesn't show from a distance. That's all I care about. I think I will put it on the wall behind the bed.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-18-2007 06:39 AM

Vicky~
Congrats on taking time for you!
I'm with Heather--make sure to post pics...

vicki reno 09-18-2007 06:43 AM

Yes Ma'am

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-18-2007 06:46 AM

:D