Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need a advice on buying a new machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-advice-buying-new-machine-t207463.html)

slbram17 12-02-2012 04:28 PM

This is supposed to be a good machine and the reviews are good.
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-PQ1500...L4/ref=lh_ni_t

Charming 12-02-2012 05:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a Viking #1 sewing/embroidery machine with lots of feet and cards for sale if you are interested pm me for more details

Dolphyngyrl 12-02-2012 08:40 PM

I would buy the juki if it were me, that machine has gotten some really good reviews, both of those machines are very good for the money. I think the juki's have stronger motors

romanojg 12-03-2012 04:46 AM

Look at both of the newest Viking machines. I'm pretty sure they are in your price range and I've had good luck with all of my Vikings. I think the latest ones are called Opal's, I think. You are smart to look around and if possible go to a dealer and try the machines that you are thinking of buying out. If we knew your location I'm sure you could get some good referrals to LQS that are great to deal with and have good support; not all do. The one that I go to is awesome and the people are always helpful and really nice to you. Good luck and make sure you try the machines (and the store) before buying. You can't beat good support when buying a machine no matter what kind it is.

romanojg 12-03-2012 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Charming (Post 5694444)
I have a Viking #1 sewing/embroidery machine with lots of feet and cards for sale if you are interested pm me for more details

I also have this machine. I tried to sell it on here once. It has lots of feet and hoops and the magic box to hook it up to the pc and has just gotten serviced. It was up here for about a minute and then it was removed because I was told I couldn't sell if for 600. A member said she'd do me a favor and offered me 150 for it. I had stated that the only reason that I was selling it was due to my low life ex walking out and sticking me with bills. I told the member that 150 wasn't doing me a favor it would only benefit her and the next thing you knew, my ad was pulled. When posting on here you can't get the going value for it. It is a great machine and has even been said to be the best machine Viking ever made. I have a Viking Diamond Deluxe and currently have had 4 machines (still have 3) from Viking and they are all great. I'd rather hold onto mine that sell it for 150; that was an insult as far as I was concerned.

JMCDA 12-03-2012 05:18 AM

I bought the Juki HZL 600 almost a year ago from an online dealer and I love this sewing machine! I haven't had a moments trouble with it since it came out of the box, and when the time comes I will not hesitate to purchase the
TL2010Q to go along beside it.
Joann

Annieflower 12-03-2012 05:24 AM

I just purchased a Brother Innovis 450Q quilting machine. It was around $1000. I did alot of research and having the dealer in my area for service and lessons was important. The price was in my budget.
http://www.brother-usa.com/homesewin...X450Q&ref=mega
It came with a good warranty and the first year of cleaing the machine if free. This model comes with alot of the necessary accessories and the rest I bought online which were less pricey.

I truly hope that I made a good choice and I feel that I did. The machine sews like a dream and is so quiet. I like the idea of being able to sew through leather or layers of denim or fabrics. It's easy to use but will take some practice to learn everything that this computerized machine does. Everything is built in and requires no computer or card to operate. Apprently they don't make a combo of quilting and embroidery. That is another consideration. I truly hope this helps in your choice and best wishes. Happy Quilting!

Judi in Ohio 12-03-2012 05:32 AM

Juki Juki Juki. I have the F-600 and you will not buy another machine for so little money that has so much.

margee 12-03-2012 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie (Post 5693652)
I've been considering the Juki Exceed 600 too and or the Juki TL2010Q which seem to have very good reviews. The Janome dealer asked me to consider the Janome 1600PQC but it requires special needles and I have really disliked the Janome 6500 which I currently own and am leery of trying another Janome. I would love to talk to other Juki owners and get their opinions on these machines. I also want to get a table and am not sure if these machines have one. Juki dealers in Canada are also very scarce and the closest is a two and a half hour drive.

I'm so sorry that you dislike the Janome machine. I've had two and have liked them both esp. the 11000SE.

annthreecats 12-03-2012 01:48 PM

I would be looking at a Juki sewing machine, as well. I recently bought a Juki MO644D serger from allbrands.com and I love it. It runs smooth and is easy for my to thread, which is saying something because I had an unnatural fear of sergers before I got this machine.