Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help with corner decision...anyone? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-corner-decision-anyone-t3053.html)

bj 12-17-2007 05:54 PM

Since this kindof an older post, I'd be interested to see what you finally decided to do. I'd love to see the finished project. Your first picture is so pretty.

estherblair 12-17-2007 06:17 PM

I stand in aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Butterfly Queen 12-17-2007 07:04 PM

Wow! Beautiful work....colors.....pattern! Can't wait to see the finished quilt. :)

Diamonds 12-17-2007 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by ShellyQ
That's gonna be a beautiful quilt what ever you choose to do. Just my personal opinion but your 1'" squares do create a lovely mosaic effect and without interuption at the corners will flow beautifully around the quilt. I personally wouldn't interupt the design at the corners, but either way it's gonna be lovely :thumbup:

I agree with Shelly.. It does create a beautiful mosaic effect..

sandpat 12-24-2007 03:40 PM

I know ya'll won't believe that I still haven't finished this quilt, but...have been really sidetracked. Anyway..I have finished sewing together all the small squares (I think) for the outer border..so far over 1900 by hand.

I have finished the 1st step of the machine trapunto by stitching mariner's compasses in the dark blue squares also before I added the outer border.

At this point after laying the quilt out and looking at different options I am leaning towards continuing the mosaic look all the way around the quilt. Maybe during the "lull" between the holidays I'll get the border attached, the sandwich done and can start on the quilting. Thanks for your interest..I'll post a pic when done...it may be a LONG time from now though!!

Dawn Hendrix 12-25-2007 04:40 AM

HOLY WOW! That is just gorgous.. I love the 1 inch blocks they look like stained glass. I can't give advice on this one .. but WOW it surely is beautiful!

newquiltertoni 12-25-2007 04:52 PM

This is beautiful and I think the blue corners will set it off. Either way it is very nice.

sandpat 12-27-2007 03:09 PM

I'll be glad to do it. My by-hand progress is a slow process so it will be a few more days before I have the borders on. Don't you always just get excited when you reach a "big" transition in the quilt...like adding borders?! :lol:

AnnK 12-27-2007 05:36 PM

Sandpat, your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Spectacular

Sandpat
Your quit is absolutely gorgeous!!! Spectacular!!!

sandpat 01-01-2008 10:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok..here it is so far with the borders attached. I now have some marking to do and I've decided to do some more trapunto work before I sandwich it. Anyhow...forgive the press & seal in the pic...(I've learned this is a bad idea-it gummed up my machine -maybe I'm doing it wrong...don't know). Now off the puter and onto quilt marking...Happy New Year!

Mariners Compass with Borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5125[/ATTACH]

Mariners Compass with Borders detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5126[/ATTACH]