Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need help with crib set please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-crib-set-please-t90779.html)

granny_59 01-15-2011 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am looking for an idea to make a head bumper, curtain and a quilt for this crib and I am not able to come up with anything.

It has to be blueish for a boy and I think not to fancy for this kind of crib. Something simple and classy............
No applique unless there are files available for the embroidery machine, no pinwheel, no bears - pp would be fine.

As you can see I only know what I dont want!?
Would appreciate any help.
Granny

great aunt jacqui 01-15-2011 12:45 PM

my sister made a complete cover for a similar bassnette. she used pre quilted white fabric. It was all one piece, inside was made just like you were making a big basket then she added about 2 ft of same fabric completely around the outside for the skirt. She made several big box pleats. She added a simple row of light blue ribbn around the bottom with decorative stitching in blue.

you could leave the ends open to fit over those handles
her grandson only stayed in it for a month before he moved to a regular crib.

dreamer2009 01-15-2011 12:50 PM

granny_59
That crib is the cutest :)

clem55 01-15-2011 02:59 PM

what a darling crib!

hperttula123 01-15-2011 03:11 PM

That bassinet is the cutest!!!! Can't wait to see what you make for it.

granny_59 01-15-2011 03:26 PM

the matress is 20" x 40" so I hope my grandson number three will stay in there at least six month.
But I only have six more weeks to come up with something as I will be gone for the month of march and baby is due beginning of april.

I can picture that prequiltet fabric but I would like it a bit fancier.
Maybe someone has the ultimate idea...........please
Granny

Mattee 01-15-2011 03:34 PM

Please be careful with what you put in the crib. :) Bumpers and other soft items shouldn't be there, because of SIDS.

granny_59 01-15-2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mattee
Please be careful with what you put in the crib. :) Bumpers and other soft items shouldn't be there, because of SIDS.

Boah............I have never heard a thing like that! Why? We make bumpers only on the end where the head lies and not all the way around. Got my kids bedded like that and first two grandsons also.

bakermom 01-15-2011 03:49 PM

I wonder if you could adapt a moses basket liner to fit your crib? mccalls i think has a pattern for one and there are some instructions available online.

granny_59 01-15-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by bakermom
I wonder if you could adapt a moses basket liner to fit your crib? mccalls i think has a pattern for one and there are some instructions available online.

the basic sewing pattern is not the problem. But I dont want it sewn with plain fabric. I would like to add a patchworkpattern - if I only could come up with one that would look great on it.