Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need Help on a Design-A-Quilt Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-design-quilt-machine-t44083.html)

sewmuchmore 04-27-2010 09:37 AM

I have been bless with a quilting machine however I do not have any Instruction with it. It run, but I can not keep the needle threaded to sew. Any tips. :roll: I don’t have the foggiest ideal what size of needle it has. It is a Design-A-Quilt which is not in business now. I need help.

amma 04-27-2010 10:42 AM

I have tried to search for this machine, and cannot find anything on it. Is there another name stamped somewhere on it?

Pam 04-27-2010 10:45 AM

Look on the bottom of the machine, or take the case off, it may be inside the machine.

mytwopals 04-27-2010 10:55 AM

I was able to find this on the internet.

Design-A-Quilt
11966 Lebanon Road, Dept HPCQ
Mt Juliet, TN 37122
1-800-346-8227 or (615) 758-9969
Quilting Machines & Binding Machines, Call or write for brochure

sewmuchmore 04-27-2010 11:21 AM

Called and did not recieve an answer. I had a thought and I was threading it with the thread going inside of the needle instead on threading it from the outside in and it worked. :!: thanks you all are the best!!!!! :wink: Some time I sit and think things out.

dukieky 02-03-2012 06:25 AM

I also just acquired a design a quilt machine and need new wheels for the tracks. Any idea where I can get them?

stefanib123 05-30-2012 04:47 AM

I am looking at one of these now, and it seems there's no info out there! I did find this in answer to a question about them and a binding machines:

Mr. Puckett evidently had a nervous breakdown after some business problems. He was being sued because his machines caught fire, so he threw bleach on a 6500.00 quilt at a quilt show. If you go to the Design-a-Quilt website, it appears they are now just an ad site, but they do have an email address that might get you closer to finding the equipment you want. [email protected]

Obviously factories are using some kind of binding equipment, but as crafters we do ours by hand so we wouldn't really know where to get machines to do it for you.

Unquote!!!!

Umm...that is crazy!!

patmclennan 06-17-2013 10:21 AM

Hello. My name is Pat. I also have a Design-a-Quilt machine. Were you ever successful finding out how to order replacement parts for them?

BubbaGump 08-29-2013 12:24 PM

Hello my name is Wayne. I have a close friend who also owns a Design-A-Quilt machine and is in need of parts for it. If anyone knows of anywhere parts can be bought or anyone who has a machine they are parting out please let me know. I would hate for her to have to by a new machine when she loves the one she has but needs a couple parts.
Thank you.

Mitch's mom 09-01-2013 02:22 AM

Does anyone have a picture of one of these machines? I can't imagine that all parts were proprietary. You can probably get some parts from a commercial or industrial sewing supply.