Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help with designing a pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-designing-pattern-t47301.html)

IrishNY 05-27-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
I thought of a rainbow in snow colors (white and blue... I'm from Tucson where we have snow once every 10 years, so these are my generic snow colors), so maybe various shades of white, silver, and blue. I like the snowmen at the end. Or maybe a pile of snow balls (like a pile of gold).

I love Lucy's design! It's exactly what I would have said.

dawn payne 05-28-2010 09:11 AM

These are all adorable ideas & it's so sweet of you to plan to do something like this!

Theresa 05-28-2010 09:25 AM

What a creative group! WOW!

MadQuilter 05-28-2010 11:23 AM

I can see snowflakes in rows of rainbow colors appliqued over a lovely winter (blue/grey/white scene) but I would keep the intensity of the colors low so they don't overpower.

RoxieK 05-28-2010 01:27 PM

Great ideas and all headed in the same direction just little adjustments in each

StitchinJoy 05-28-2010 01:47 PM

This rainbow brainstorming is fun on a humid day in May! We're all singing a rainbow along with you!!

I see a rainbow in pale pastels of colors, the usual rainbow order-- ROYGBIV-- arching from behind pine trees on the left down to a snowman on the right with a big pot of silver and gold stars in front of him. Maybe you could applique a representation of the building where you pay the bill behind him in the scene? Or maybe take a photo of the place, and use the photo transfer sheets to get that building in your quilt.

Then I would quilt it really wintery -- with low mares tail clouds, long swoopy tendrils of blowing wind, a few snowflakes flying, and maybe some tracks in the snow.

Please let us see what you end up doing.

Remember the Andy Williams' song? I am humming it now.

Red and yellow
and Pink and Green
Purple and orange and blue

I can sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow too

Listen with your eyes
Listen with your ears
And sing everything you see

I can sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow
Sing along with me.

Moonpi 05-28-2010 03:26 PM

I saw a snowbow once, as a blizzard was leaving the spot I was. The sky was purplish-black, and the rainbow colors really stood out! It was crazy, have never seen another one.

ctack2 05-28-2010 08:34 PM

Look what I ran across today....hmmmmm. Snowflakes instead of stars?
What do ya'll think?

http://www.piecemakers.com/products....istmas_Rainbow

Carol B

Edie 05-29-2010 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
This rainbow brainstorming is fun on a humid day in May! We're all singing a rainbow along with you!!

I see a rainbow in pale pastels of colors, the usual rainbow order-- ROYGBIV-- arching from behind pine trees on the left down to a snowman on the right with a big pot of silver and gold stars in front of him. Maybe you could applique a representation of the building where you pay the bill behind him in the scene? Or maybe take a photo of the place, and use the photo transfer sheets to get that building in your quilt.

Then I would quilt it really wintery -- with low mares tail clouds, long swoopy tendrils of blowing wind, a few snowflakes flying, and maybe some tracks in the snow.

Red and yellow
and Pink and Green

I can sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow too

Listen with your eyes
Listen with your ears

I can sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow
Sing along with me.

I love the idea of the pastel rainbow with pale pale blue and white snowflakes, some pine trees, maybe a little rabbit under a tree- no pots of gold or snowmen, just a beautiful quilt/wallhanging with the total meaning of snowbow. Thank you for the song - I can sing a rainbow, too! Edie

Edie 05-29-2010 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Edie

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy

Red and yellow
and Pink and Green

I can sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow too

Listen with your eyes
Listen with your ears

I can sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow
Sing along with me.

I love the idea of the pastel rainbow with pale pale blue and white snowflakes, some pine trees, maybe a little rabbit under a tree- no pots of gold or snowmen, just a beautiful quilt/wallhanging with the total meaning of snowbow. Thank you for the song - I can sing a rainbow, too! Edie