Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need help with pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-pattern-t171675.html)

sahm4605 12-11-2011 06:26 AM

need help with pattern

4 Attachment(s)
I am not sure what to do. I am at a small problem. I don't know what is the problem if it is the colors or the fact that I have a ton of boarders. But in the purple I was thinking of doing diamonds in the blue fabric that i have in the main part of the quilt. the block at the top corner has more pieces to it. where that block in the top corner is is going to be the drop down on the sides and bottom of the bed. and the three closet strips are going to be on the top of the bed. what do you guys think? sorry that they are not true to the color and a little fuzzy. took them with my phone.

gramarraine 12-11-2011 06:52 AM

Your quilt is georgous! I am sure how ever you decide to quilt it will be wonderful. Be sure and post pics when you get done.

Just Me... 12-11-2011 06:55 AM

I like what you are talking about, but if you are struggling with it, just swirly up and then swirly down...

JenelTX 12-11-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605 (Post 4771232)
I am not sure what to do. I am at a small problem. I don't know what is the problem if it is the colors or the fact that I have a ton of boarders. But in the purple I was thinking of doing diamonds in the blue fabric that i have in the main part of the quilt. the block at the top corner has more pieces to it. where that block in the top corner is is going to be the drop down on the sides and bottom of the bed. and the three closet strips are going to be on the top of the bed. what do you guys think? sorry that they are not true to the color and a little fuzzy. took them with my phone.

I don't understand what you're asking, so I can't venture an opinion on that... but I did want to say WOW!!!!!! This quilt is just incredible! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. This takes my breath away. Fantastic!

Cherylsea 12-11-2011 07:00 AM

You have done an excellent job so far and I think that your plan for the rest will work very nicely. Can't wait to see it finished.

sandy l 12-11-2011 08:54 AM

Can't be of any help with your question, but that is one beautiful quilt. You have done a great job. Is it paper-pieced?

Michellesews 12-11-2011 09:04 AM

It is truly beautiful, but I am not sure what your question is?

mucky 12-11-2011 09:35 AM

That is a beautiful quilt. I also am not sure what your quesiton is.

sharon b 12-11-2011 09:39 AM

Love it- Are you asking what we think - I think it is awesome :) I would have all the points facing up to the top of the bed which is what it sounds like you have planned - the fairies are an awesome addition

Scissor Queen 12-11-2011 10:47 AM

I think the borders are bringing down the quilt. There are too many and they're... flat. They're not interesting like the rest of the quilt. I think I would do one narrowish solid border and then a pieced border of some type and then look at it again. The fairy block you have on the border now would look better if it's on the lower right hand side so the points point outward and the fairy is facing the center.