Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-please-t132248.html)

Lindach 06-22-2011 03:03 AM

I recently completed my first real quilt, a 124x124 made with deer panels, 9- patch blocks and flying geese down all sides
It is suppose to fit a california king bed, anyway, I presently live in Indiana, but am moving back to florida. I went to fl. for a month. While I was there I had a very recommended quilter do my quilt. She said she could do it and quoted me a price. She had some problems and called to say she couldnot do it all. So center is done and 2 of the 4 sides. my problem is I have never even tried to quilt, let alone try to make leaf patterns, free handed. Also the flying geese need something. I dont know whether to sew them down or not. I cannot afford to pay someone to quilt, the lady ended up charging $50.00 more,
so any suggestions on how to finish this will be appreciated.
Thanks Lindav

athenagwis 06-22-2011 03:06 AM

Oh my goodness what a mess!! I wonder why she only half completed the quilt? That seems a bit odd. I have no suggestions unfortunately other than trying to find someone else to complete it, but I wish you all the best and I am so sorry this happened to you!!

Rachel

quilticing 06-22-2011 03:06 AM

A price quote is a price quote. She needs to "bite the bullet" and finish the project!

donnajean 06-22-2011 03:10 AM

I'm not understanding why you had to pay $50.00 more for a quilt that she had not finished the quilting. I don't think you would be able to finish quilting a quilt that size on your own. It is too big to feed through the throat of a regular sewing machine & it sounds like you are not a long arm quilter yourself.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-22-2011 03:24 AM

I'm confused. It's half done and you had to pay her, and even pay extra???

Tinabodina 06-22-2011 03:29 AM

What was the problem. Did she have trouble with her machine? What was the reason for even charging you full price, let alone an extra $50? The quilt it to big for you to do on your own. You could do it by hand, but only if you want to have it finished in 4-5 years. If you paid her by check, I would put a stop payment on it right away.

Lindach 06-22-2011 03:30 AM

I was upset too. But what can you do. Bite the bullet and go on. I am going to try it on my machine after I find a stencil of a leaf or trace one.

Thanks

susie-susie-susie 06-22-2011 03:35 AM

I am so sorry that happened to you. I don't know what you can do to fix it. It seems to me that she should bite the bullet and finish your quilt. A deal is a deal. I don't understand why you had to pay extra for something that is only partly done. Hope you can get it fixed.
Sue

Lindach 06-22-2011 03:43 AM

Apparently it was to big for her long arm. She measured it at 118x118 then when she got it on her machine it was 124x124 (what I had told her it was)And I think she charged the extra amount for going aroun the squares the flying geese were in. the rest of the quilt has leaves and random stitches. I guess I will practice all this week and try to get er done.

Thanks for all your concern and remarks.

linda

sueisallaboutquilts 06-22-2011 04:05 AM

I want to see it when you are finished! :)