Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need Help / Suggestions on 'Fullness' please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-suggestions-fullness-please-t183560.html)

kittiebug 03-23-2012 04:37 AM

I think you should take it apart to. You can work it in , When you resew put the fullness on the bottom , and
essssss it in , the teeth on the bottom of your machine will grab the exter fabric. You will be surprize.:)

Geri B 03-23-2012 04:38 AM

I would do as Jan recommended........fudging is not a way to learn the right way......I think you mean your block is made up of 2 1/2"squares along with an alternate block of solid/print fabric? Anyway......my question to you is when you were joining these blocks into rows, did you not then see that seams were not matching....if so maybe you can go to that hot spot and adjust that seam (s) to take in that fluff.......darts are only allowed in dressmaking, ha, ha.....

SandyQuilter 03-23-2012 06:02 AM

This problem is a quick fix. Measure your quilt across the middle in both directions (always do this to figure border sizes). that measurement, plus seams, is the borders length. Now, divide the border into quarters and do the same with the quilt's edge. Fit the border/quilt quarters together and pin, working in the excess. You can take up an inch when sewing so that it will not be noticeable. When sewing, have the quilt top edge (the longer edge) on the bottom next to the face plate. Because of the feed dogs, the excess material will be gently gathered in.
SandyQuilter

hoppa 03-23-2012 06:25 AM

A dart will make it difficult to quilt so would resew

solstice3 03-23-2012 08:42 AM

I think you would have to examine the situation and determine if it can be fixed by simply taking in the seam in a particular area or if you need to take it apart because it is a reoccurring problem.

callen 03-23-2012 01:44 PM

Don't apologize for doing something not quite right. That is our greatest teacher - learning from our mistakes. I just had to cut off 2 borders (including the backing & batting) because they just weren't right. I couldn't rip out, I had to cut them off & resew everything back on separately & believe me, I was the better for re-doing them. Even though it was a LOT of work I was much happier in the end. Believe me, I will do better next time & so you will. Best of luck.

penski 03-23-2012 02:45 PM

i would suggest taking it apart because i was always told the mistakes dont go away they only get bigger as you continue

WTxRed 04-16-2012 07:06 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I finished this quilt! I'm happy with it even tho it's far from perfect. Thank you all for your input!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328239[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328240[/ATTACH]

lakekids 04-16-2012 09:34 AM

Beautiful job. I love the colors and the quilting design.

carrieg 04-16-2012 02:25 PM

Wow! That's some 9 patch quilt. I think you will be very glad you took the time to fix it properly.