Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need Input, Please? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-input-please-t48891.html)

quiltluvr 06-08-2010 03:56 PM

The first one totally rocks. It really shows off the fabric. I felt in the second one that the background was competing with the block and that the green was to heavy with the bright feel of the the block. Just me.

Do you have a preference?

lots2do 06-08-2010 03:57 PM

What a nice job! I like the first too. It's really charming.

shirleyt 06-08-2010 03:58 PM

I like the third one best .
shirleyt

athenagwis 06-08-2010 03:59 PM

I think the first works because you don't have a deep blue in the plate. The 2nd two kind of pull in the pieces that are similar colors and wash them out. I think you'd get the same thing with white or red since those are predominant in your plate. The background in the first is a bit busy, but the color is perfect. Perhaps you could find a more tone on tone deep blue?

Beautiful plate BTW!!

Rachel

quiltluvr 06-08-2010 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by HapaMom
Thank you so much! I see what you're saying and agree that the 1st one is the best of the three. For some reason, it seemed "too busy" at first but now it seems to be just right. However, what about a white print similar or would it make the Plate disappear? (sorry, don't have any on hand) Or red?

You were posting as I was still composing, hee hee.

I think white would wash it out and red would overpower it as you've used it in the plate already. I think that's why the dark blue seems to work so well. It's not a dominate color in the fabs you chose but it picks up from the fab you did use and incorporates just the right amount of red.

HapaMom 06-08-2010 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Minnesewta
They all look nice, but, I think #2 with white sashing would be really pretty. Any of them will make Grandma proud to have taught you the art of quilting. Thanks for sharing.

Gosh, choked me up, thank you for that *HUGS*

Quilt4u 06-08-2010 04:01 PM

The first one. Every thing pops in that one. Beautiful.

quiltluvr 06-08-2010 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
I think the first works because you don't have a deep blue in the plate. The 2nd two kind of pull in the pieces that are similar colors and wash them out. I think you'd get the same thing with white or red since those are predominant in your plate. The background in the first is a bit busy, but the color is perfect. Perhaps you could find a more tone on tone deep blue?

Beautiful plate BTW!!

Rachel

Just got me laughing all over seeing what we posted and how close it was. :lol: :lol:

HapaMom 06-08-2010 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
The first one totally rocks. It really shows off the fabric. I felt in the second one that the background was competing with the block and that the green was to heavy with the bright feel of the the block. Just me.

Do you have a preference?

Like you I had the same feelings, the bright takes away from the Plate and makes the blue plates disappear and the green seems too dark I do prefer the dark blue but don't want to make a choice that ends up being in poor taste! lol!

HapaMom 06-08-2010 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do
What a nice job! I like the first too. It's really charming.

Thank you SO much! When it comes to quilts, my preference is all about the charm, GOSH! I am SO addicted! :lol: I hope to one day be a "Master Quilter" like most of you, here. :)