Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need some advice on a purchase? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-some-advice-purchase-t79497.html)

cynde 11-29-2010 01:47 PM

Yes, my husband will be coming with me to pick everything up. I went and looked at the items today by myself, which I never do, but I was so excited to nab the workstation. Very foolish of me, luckily the man was legit.

I didn't try the machine out, because I really don't NEED another machine, so I will have to tell him any offer I make on the machine is subject to a test run.

pocoellie 11-29-2010 01:52 PM

I would buy it in a minute if I had the room.

omak 11-29-2010 03:59 PM

The work station, brand new, would be well over $1500 and who knows about the bookshelf. I saw the ad about the quilt frame being on sale for $50, but usually they are around $100 ... if you can pick the machine up for $50 you would be getting a heck of a deal!
The thing about the quilting frame is: for handquilting, great (and tying a quilt, of course) but how many times would you really use it?
Am anxiously waiting to see what you did! <wave>

CoyoteQuilts 11-29-2010 05:22 PM

I picked up a Q-snap frame for 5 bucks not long ago and the bookcase can be picked up new at Wal-Mart for around 25 bucks.

Jingle 11-29-2010 05:43 PM

I think the items you got are well worth lots more than $100.00 and the sewing machine has a large throat and looks in good condition, if it works. The bookcase looks like it would be worth lots more than $25.00. I wouldn't know what you should pay, would be important to me not to take advantage of anyone just to save a few bucks. I try always to follow the Golden Rule.

CajunQuilter2 11-29-2010 05:46 PM

Looks like a jackpot hit to me.....

featherweight 11-29-2010 07:43 PM

The Pfaff has the IDT foot on it. I love that feature. A built in walking foot. Just ask him what his bottom dollar is for the whole works. He may just want to make a quick sale and get rid of it. I would buy the whole set up in a minute!!!

cynde 11-29-2010 08:40 PM

I don't want to take advantage of him, he's contacted a Pfaff dealer and was told he could probably get $300 for it, so he was going to ask $250. I let him know that he probably will get that, so to go ahead.

But I did tell him, if he doesn't get any offers to keep me in mind. I'm thrilled just to be getting the work station. I may one day want a hand quilting frame, but it's really not on my radar.

Thanks for all your input.

When I get it set up with my machines, in my new "studio", I'll post pictures.

omak 11-29-2010 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by cynde
I don't want to take advantage of him, he's contacted a Pfaff dealer and was told he could probably get $300 for it, so he was going to ask $250. I let him know that he probably will get that, so to go ahead.

But I did tell him, if he doesn't get any offers to keep me in mind. I'm thrilled just to be getting the work station. I may one day want a hand quilting frame, but it's really not on my radar.

Thanks for all your input.

When I get it set up with my machines, in my new "studio", I'll post pictures.

Looking forward to it! <wave>

Sandra-P 11-30-2010 03:24 PM

Good deal for you!
Maybe the Pfaff dealer will buy the machine from him for the $300.