Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need your opinion. Will this work? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-your-opinion-will-work-t229203.html)

twinkie 09-01-2013 04:53 AM

Need your opinion. Will this work?

2 Attachment(s)
DH and I were expecting our 10th great granddaughter the middle of November. I made "Marlee" this baby rag quilt as the colors for her room were mint green and purple.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433483[/ATTACH]
On Friday, the doctor sent Katie (the baby's mom) to the hospital as they suspected she had pneumonia. After tests and x-rays, they decided that as long as Katie was pregnant, they couldn't treat her pneumonia agressively and she wouldn't improve. They decided to take the baby at 31 weeks. Michael Alexander (yes it is a boy and not a girl) was born and came in at 2 lb. 6 oz. and 15" long.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433484[/ATTACH]

And now my question. Do you think this baby quilt is suitable for a little boy or should I make another one that tends to be for a little boy? He won't be home for a while so I will have time if you think I should do a different one.

zozee 09-01-2013 04:59 AM

Awww, precious baby boy, and so so tiny. God love him, and I hope your daughter and he are getting stronger by the day. Congratulations on your 10th--can I even fathom 10 grandchildren, let alone 10 greatgrandchildren??!!!--what a feeling that must be. I hope I live to see that in my own family.

As for your question, what are you inclined to do? What does your heart say? Because, when it comes to quilts, they have a way of speaking from the heart.

Grandma Bonnie 09-01-2013 04:59 AM

Congratulations on your new great-grandbaby! I hope he thrives! I think those two colors are pretty much gender neutral, although I remember my granddaughters always loved purple (& pink) and not so much the boys. With plenty of time, I might make a new one for the baby boy and save this one for another grandbaby (or other baby). But if they keep the room those colors the quilt would match fine.

xsquilter 09-01-2013 05:00 AM

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson! It just goes to show us that we "really" don't know the gender until the babe is born! Sending many prayers for a speedy recovery for Katie & Michael.
The quilt is wonderful! I would ask Katie what she thinks. I suspect she won't be changing room colours at the moment & may just love having this. Maybe you could make something more "boy like" anyway. If it was me, I would love this quilt regardless.
Maureen

zozee 09-01-2013 05:00 AM

Funny, even in this day and age of great imaging technology, the "she" was a "he" after all. 00giggle--00

Nanny's dollface 09-01-2013 05:03 AM

First off congratulations on your new addition. Prayers stormin your way for your daughter's speedy recovery and your grandson's health. Love the rag quilt. I would give it to your great grandson as the fabrics are unisex. I think Insee frogs in it so what better critter for a boy!

Old_Rosebud 09-01-2013 05:04 AM

Awww. Prayers for Katie and Michael (and dad!). The blanket you made is very pretty. I agree with zozee - what is your heart telling you?

alikat110 09-01-2013 05:09 AM

Unfortunately, the quilt has a feminine feel to it , IMHO. Hope one of his cousins like it! I would make a new one. It is very cute! Prayers and hugs to everyone in this difficult time.

Aria 09-01-2013 05:09 AM

I would give it to your new grandson. It'll be something they'll always talk about...."you were supposed to be a girl".. :) And, I agree, the frogs fit perfectly!

omacookie 09-01-2013 05:15 AM

Prayers for Michael and his Mom. The quilt is perfect for him. When he finds out who made the quilt for him he will not only love the quilt but you also. Hugs