Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   THE NERVE!!! (Kind of long) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nerve-kind-long-t111612.html)

Margie 03-29-2011 08:39 AM

Ignorance is no excuse.....it is just plain RUDE.

charity-crafter 03-29-2011 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Zoe
This is why I never do quilts for friends. Misunderstanding of the work and time involved in creating a quilt by many people leads to hurt feelings. ..... To which my friend replied "I'm not paying for this"!

That's right she wanted all this for free. At which point we no longer discuss quilts or their creation. :roll:

It amazing what people think. I make a lot of quilts for charity, get a lot of fabric from the group to make these quilts. It's not my fabric, it fabric that was given for the express purpose to make quilts for this organization.

A friend visited me and wanted me to make quilts for her family, "but you have all this fabric...why won't you make one for me?" I explain the charity aspect and then I get "good, they won't notice if you make something for me" I explained they go to sick children at the hospital. "Well, my daughter is sick,"

Finally I told her that once she is in the hospital for weeks on end fighting for her life, then she'll get a quilt. Funny, but my friend was offended. Please running a fever is not the same as cancer. Honestly, it's amazing the lack of integrity some people have. I told her to buy the fabric and I'd show her how to make something. She said, "why would I do that? why can't I just use yours?" :shock:

trolleystation 03-29-2011 02:29 PM

Vent on...We are all learning these lessons evey day. The gall of some people simply amazes me.

quiltsRfun 03-29-2011 02:53 PM

Something to keep in mind it this comes up again.

Have the person who wants the quilt submit a diagram and sign off on the design before you start. Initials or signature and date at the least, or even a signed agreement stating terms.

Just a thought.

Fran Juern 03-29-2011 03:02 PM

I wouldn't let them make me cry. I would just chalk it up to someone who had no clue of all the work went into it, and I applaude you for saying "Absoultly not!".

bakermom 03-29-2011 03:10 PM

Did the gentleman know you were almost done before making his request?

rexie 03-29-2011 03:18 PM

Yes, he did. While we were waiting for the last few stitches to go in so we could take it off the racks, he called. One of the ladies told him we were just about done and that's when he asked if we could redo that center. The lady talking to him was also clueless, cause she actually asked us if we could.

bakermom 03-29-2011 03:30 PM

That is really too bad. this could have been a wonderful thing if it had been co-ordinated better.

Leota 03-29-2011 03:32 PM

The him "Yes, we can change the center block"... "You will have to disassemble the quilt for us..."

rexie 03-29-2011 03:59 PM

Things should not be coordinated by people that don't know anything about the project. I don't know if they learned a lesson or not...Probably did until next time.