Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Never again!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/never-again-t171204.html)

SEW 12-07-2011 02:12 AM

You go girl....you CAN do it!!!

katesnanna 12-07-2011 02:23 AM

I only had two to finish but getting knocked down by a car in September kind of put me behind the eight ball. I have finished one and have pinned the second. I have four days to quilt and bind. It's going to be close. They have to go interstate.

SueDor 12-07-2011 03:16 AM

I hate to be rushed, you make more mistakes then, but I don't like the idea of making Christmas presents in July either though. Hope you have time to breathe.

lynnsim 12-07-2011 03:41 AM

Good luck with finishing your quilts in time. I'm glad I did birthday quilts for the DGKs; at least, I could spread them out, lol.

LindaM49 12-07-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by weatheread (Post 4758836)
If it weren't for the last minute I would never get anything done .

I'll have to borrow this phrase. I'm 62 years old and ever since I can remember I do everything last minute. My hubby is the complete opposite so it CAN get interesting here. While he is busy doing something worthwhile...I'm goofing off on the computer or talking to friends on the phone. I wonder at what age we start to grow up? LOL

emsgranny 12-07-2011 03:48 AM

Just think of the smiles your grandkids will have on their beautiful little faces and the love they will feel when they wrap up in a quilt made just for them by their grandma - Its a shame you cant be there when they open them - maybe it will be video taped or great pictures made!! It will be worth it all in the end.

scrapykate 12-07-2011 03:50 AM

I just finished 2 quilts and have 2 more to go that aren't even cut out!! taking a day off so I can spend a day sewing/quilting. I only have to mail one off and that's to my sister so if it's late she won't mind. Making her a quilt using some of our mother's clothing, linen etc. She died in August and when we were cleaning her closet etc out, the idea came to me. She often wore shirts with a pocket for her every ready pen(she was an artist) and I have enough shirt pocket to put in several quilts. Only planning on one before Christmas though.
Good luck with yours.

hheelleenn 12-07-2011 03:52 AM

I started mine in July. Plenty of time. Pace yourself, write a schedule, I did all the tops first and then the sandwiches, and then the bindings. All wrapped and ready by Thanksgiving.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 12-07-2011 04:17 AM

I only have one to do but it's been horrible. I took it to the quilter and when i got it back the back wasn't centered. You could see the back had to be centered so there was a border on all 4 sides, identical to the front. I had to take it back and she's wripping it all out and starting over. She assured me I'd have it back before Christmas. I can only hope. It's my son-in-laws big gift.

katydidkg 12-07-2011 04:24 AM

I agree, but I never get motivated to make Christmas gifts in the summer ! Believe me, your efforts will be worth it, and somehow you'll find the time to get the bindings on. Good Luck !